Marriage Builders
Posted By: Tom2010 Family Guy show - 09/06/11 01:24 AM
I don't know how many of you happen on this tv feature, and I did tonight in searchng channels, but but it is sordid, and not only that, stupid. Of course I have happened on it before and watched just a little of it before finding the program I wantded.

This sort of *sheet* on public tv is a good cause for a Rooster Cogburn character to confront the producers.

Bottom line two things: 1) has inspired me to attempt to write a profile for a much better cultural tv series, and 2) to track down the producer of this show (and it is a female from what I know now), offer a better solution, try to find her supervising executive, and make my point.

Of course, there are a lot of sheep in this society, and that results in this type of presentation being popular. Makes me wonder why there are so many clueless on here, especially BH's who agonize needlessly and unrealistically why their wives dumped them!

Tom
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Family Guy show - 09/06/11 01:45 AM
I've seen the show, Tom. And I agree that it caters to coarser elements of society. I will also say that there are a lot of smart, educated people who find it hilarious. Each to his own, yes?

May I suggest that you polish up your screenplay and the approach the producer? It's one thing to criticize her production - quite another to show her a superior replacement.

Makes me wonder why there are so many clueless on here, especially BH's who agonize needlessly and unrealistically why their wives dumped them
Now, Tom. naughty You know how it is. Few BS's show up here knowing the answers to their own dilemma. That's where compassion comes in.
Posted By: karmasrose Re: Family Guy show - 09/06/11 01:46 AM
I think it's like South Park--a satire of things in society, but it caters to a lower part of society.
Posted By: HoldHerHand Re: Family Guy show - 09/06/11 01:52 AM
Well, us hobos and uncleans in the seedy, dirty, no-class-having part of society don't find it so offensive, and catch the subtle humor buried under the crass humor.

What do I know, though? I'm just a bottom feeder with an appreciation for Richard Prior, Eddie Murphy, Sam Kinisin, George Carlin, Lewis Black, and Ron White.
Posted By: MikeStillSmiling Re: Family Guy show - 09/06/11 01:54 AM
Tom-

Try changing the channel. Its that easy.

Mike
Posted By: karmasrose Re: Family Guy show - 09/06/11 02:01 AM
I didn't mean it to come out that way...heck, I enjoy Family Guy once in a while. I just quit watching because of the episode where Loretta cheated on Cleveland.

And later blamed the downfall of her marriage on Quagmire.
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Family Guy show - 09/06/11 02:11 AM
To be clear: I'm not saying it's 'bad'. I'm saying it appeals to common elements of humor, which often will offend. I happen to find some of the segments very funny! It's not something I've got TVO'd, though. smile
Posted By: HoldHerHand Re: Family Guy show - 09/06/11 02:29 AM
Ladies, it was bitter and biting sarcasm.

I'm not unaware of how one might view this show, as it is how I feel about reality shows on MTV.

I am hyper aware of becoming my father when my kids watch MTV.

My parents are aliens to my world, and I am an alien in the world of my children.

Go figure.
Posted By: karmasrose Re: Family Guy show - 09/06/11 02:54 AM
It's not just you not getting MTV.

I do not get why people enjoy watching a woman my height get drunk and spew profanities at cops. You can guarantee that if I DID THAT SAME THING, I would be up on charges of assaulting an officer, or something.

Only they would stick.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums