Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2541464 09/05/11 08:24 PM
T
Tom2010 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I don't know how many of you happen on this tv feature, and I did tonight in searchng channels, but but it is sordid, and not only that, stupid. Of course I have happened on it before and watched just a little of it before finding the program I wantded.

This sort of *sheet* on public tv is a good cause for a Rooster Cogburn character to confront the producers.

Bottom line two things: 1) has inspired me to attempt to write a profile for a much better cultural tv series, and 2) to track down the producer of this show (and it is a female from what I know now), offer a better solution, try to find her supervising executive, and make my point.

Of course, there are a lot of sheep in this society, and that results in this type of presentation being popular. Makes me wonder why there are so many clueless on here, especially BH's who agonize needlessly and unrealistically why their wives dumped them!

Tom

M
M
I've seen the show, Tom. And I agree that it caters to coarser elements of society. I will also say that there are a lot of smart, educated people who find it hilarious. Each to his own, yes?

May I suggest that you polish up your screenplay and the approach the producer? It's one thing to criticize her production - quite another to show her a superior replacement.

Makes me wonder why there are so many clueless on here, especially BH's who agonize needlessly and unrealistically why their wives dumped them
Now, Tom. naughty You know how it is. Few BS's show up here knowing the answers to their own dilemma. That's where compassion comes in.

Last edited by maritalbliss; 09/05/11 09:07 PM.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

K
K
I think it's like South Park--a satire of things in society, but it caters to a lower part of society.

Last edited by karmasrose; 09/05/11 08:47 PM.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
H
Well, us hobos and uncleans in the seedy, dirty, no-class-having part of society don't find it so offensive, and catch the subtle humor buried under the crass humor.

What do I know, though? I'm just a bottom feeder with an appreciation for Richard Prior, Eddie Murphy, Sam Kinisin, George Carlin, Lewis Black, and Ron White.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
Tom-

Try changing the channel. Its that easy.

Mike

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
K
K
I didn't mean it to come out that way...heck, I enjoy Family Guy once in a while. I just quit watching because of the episode where Loretta cheated on Cleveland.

And later blamed the downfall of her marriage on Quagmire.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

M
M
To be clear: I'm not saying it's 'bad'. I'm saying it appeals to common elements of humor, which often will offend. I happen to find some of the segments very funny! It's not something I've got TVO'd, though. smile

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

H
H
Ladies, it was bitter and biting sarcasm.

I'm not unaware of how one might view this show, as it is how I feel about reality shows on MTV.

I am hyper aware of becoming my father when my kids watch MTV.

My parents are aliens to my world, and I am an alien in the world of my children.

Go figure.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
K
K
It's not just you not getting MTV.

I do not get why people enjoy watching a woman my height get drunk and spew profanities at cops. You can guarantee that if I DID THAT SAME THING, I would be up on charges of assaulting an officer, or something.

Only they would stick.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation