Marriage Builders
Posted By: MrsWondering Paging Pep - 06/27/12 05:35 AM
Did you see who has a recently published book on the market?

dance2

Jenny Lawson of Beyonce the Giant Metal Chicken Fame a.k.a. "The Bloggess"

[Linked Image from thebloggess.com]

Here's the link to the book~~~> Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir

It's hysterical! You gotta read it -- If for no other reason than it's written by a LIBERAL TEXAN and that will drive Mel nuts!

rotflmao

I got the audio version because I am redoing our fireplace and I wanted something to listen to besides music -- It was an 8 hour listen and I'm still only about 1/4 of the way finished with the fireplace! GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! dramaqueen

Mrs. W
Posted By: bitbucket Re: Paging Pep - 06/27/12 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
If for no other reason than it's written by a LIBERAL TEXAN and that will drive Mel nuts!

Liberal Texan - someone who thinks magazines should be limited to 10 rounds and that chili should have beans in it.

Didn't Mel move to Oklahoma? Can I call her a yankee now? rotflmao
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Paging Pep - 06/27/12 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by bitbucket
If for no other reason than it's written by a LIBERAL TEXAN and that will drive Mel nuts!

Liberal Texan - someone who thinks magazines should be limited to 10 rounds and that chili should have beans in it.

LOL Bit -- But you bettah remembah that Mel ain't no liberal Texan 'fore you go to callin' her a [GASP] Yankee -- 'Sides, iffin' I said you could call her a Yank for living in OK, then that'd be sayin' you could call me the same fer livin' in MI -- and that is a BIG NO-NO! naughty

You can take the girl outta the South, but you can NEVAH take the South outta the girl!

Mrs. W [Linked Image from dgrin.com]
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Paging Pep - 06/27/12 05:45 PM

I will get it and read it.

You 'da bomb!
Posted By: markos Re: Paging Pep - 06/27/12 05:46 PM
iffin' I said you could call her a Yank for living in OK,

I am a Texan, and I have the right to call Mel a Yankee for living in OK.

Even if she ever moves back.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Paging Pep - 06/27/12 05:47 PM
Mel's an Oakie.
It's a simple fact, Jack.
Posted By: markos Re: Paging Pep - 06/27/12 06:20 PM
Mel the Oakie Wild Indian.
Posted By: bitbucket Re: Paging Pep - 06/27/12 06:58 PM
You can take the girl outta the South, but you can NEVAH take the South outta the girl!

Well bless your heart! [Linked Image from smileystore.com]
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Paging Pep - 06/28/12 01:07 AM
Chili ALWAYS has beans in it. REAL chili, that is. laugh
Posted By: LoveIsaChoice4Me Re: Paging Pep - 06/28/12 01:08 AM

LOL Bit -- But you bettah remembah that Mel ain't no liberal Texan 'fore you go to callin' her a [GASP] Yankee -- 'Sides, iffin' I said you could call her a Yank for living in OK, then that'd be sayin' you could call me the same fer livin' in MI -- and that is a BIG NO-NO! naughty

This is absolutely, positively, without a doubt, the BEST stuff I've seen!!!
As a Native Texan, Remember something though...
"Don't Mess With Texas!"
Or, in Melody Lane's case:
"Don't Mess With TEXANS!"
LOL
Posted By: LoveIsaChoice4Me Re: Paging Pep - 06/28/12 01:13 AM
Forgot to mention one very important fact ~ ~ ~
Once a TEXAN ~ ~ ~
ALWAYS A TEXAN!!!
LOL
Posted By: Jedi_Knight Re: Paging Pep - 06/29/12 04:14 PM

No; Okies are not Yankees.Oklahoma was Confederate. In fact there was a great Cherokee Confederate General that was among the very last to surrender to Union Troops.
Posted By: NeverGuessed Re: Paging Pep - 06/30/12 01:40 AM
...great Cherokee Confederate General that was among the very last to surrender...

Stand Watie. (What's the opposite of an Oklahoma "Sooner"?)
Posted By: Everthesame Re: Paging Pep - 07/03/12 01:56 PM
Glad I clicked on this thread, I NEED that book!! LOL
I remember reading her blog about the giant metal chicken before and had forgotten about it
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Paging Pep - 07/23/12 06:17 PM
Hmmm...thinking about the big metal chicken post and the fact that Mr. W and I will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary next month...

Whacha'y'all think about this guy ringing our doorbell on that special day?~~~~>

[Linked Image from i222.photobucket.com]

grin grin grin grin LINK

To quote The Bloggess, I'm thinkin':

"Best. 15th anniversary. ever."

Mrs. W rotflmao
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Paging Pep - 07/23/12 07:42 PM
Nothing says "I love you" louder than a bronze ape-man.
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Paging Pep - 07/23/12 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Nothing says "I love you" louder than a bronze ape-man.

Yup! stickout

Hope y'all will indulge me, I just gotta brag about Mr. W a bit. My birthday is this week. My inlaws will be out of town, so they wanted to take me out to celebrate this past Friday night.

Long story short, Mr. W called at the last minute to tell DD12 and I that we would have to meet him at the restaurant as he had gotten tied up at work.

We get there -- give Mr. W a change of clothes and greet my inlaws. We are in the lounge having a nice conversation and Mr. W gets back from changing and says, "Don't you want to say hi to my cousin and his new girlfriend" -- while gesturing toward a table just beyond ours. I look over and lo and behold there sits one of my dearest friends from Atlanta that I haven't seen in ions -- He had flown her in for the weekend as part of his gift to me!!! The whole set up was super elaborate, but I won't bore you all with the details -- just suffice it to say that it took A LOT of work and planning...

Oh yeah, and he did much the same thing at Christmas with another one of my dear friends.

He's amazing -- and that's a giant understatement!

Mrs. W
Posted By: SugarCane Re: Paging Pep - 07/23/12 10:11 PM
Honestly - the things some men will do to get a woman into bed...

Happy birthday MrsW!
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Paging Pep - 07/23/12 11:45 PM

Well bless your heart! [Linked Image from smileystore.com]

Holy crap! You posers were over calling me a yankee dawg!! Nooo I nevah!! sigh
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Paging Pep - 07/23/12 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by HDW

No; Okies are not Yankees.Oklahoma was Confederate. In fact there was a great Cherokee Confederate General that was among the very last to surrender to Union Troops.

thankyew, Forest! kiss
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Paging Pep - 07/23/12 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Honestly - the things some men will do to get a woman into bed...

Happy birthday MrsW!

LOL! Poor guy -- that didn't work while said friend was here though -- we didn't shut-up long enough!!! He tried to get us to go shopping on Saturday, but we just didn't want to -- staying here and blabbing proved to be WAY more fun -- PLUS, Mr. W either cooked or went out and got every single meal for us -- who'd leave that? grin

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Mrs. W
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Paging Pep - 07/23/12 11:52 PM
Happy birthday, MrsW!!! HappyBirthday
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Paging Pep - 07/24/12 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Happy birthday, MrsW!!! HappyBirthday

Thank you my dear friend -- I was going to call you today, to say "hi", but also to tell/ask you something specifically, then I got sidetracked and forgot what I was gonna ask/tell! crazy

Oh and Happy Belated Birthday to you -- I DID think about you on "July Fool's Day"! stickout

Mrs. W
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Paging Pep - 07/24/12 12:27 AM
[

Oh and Happy Belated Birthday to you -- I DID think about you on "July Fool's Day"! stickout

Mrs. W

sigh
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums