Marriage Builders
Hi Guys, Do you have any recommendations on books helping preschooler (4-5 yr old) adjust to separation / divorce? DD is 4, recently she's upset easily, and becomes emotional. i'm not sure if it's anything to do her father's moving out a month ago.

For example, last sunday, at the end of the playdate, she refused to leave and got mad. Then she said to me "I'll never play with you, I'll only play with daddy". I told her what you said hurt mommy's feeling a lot. then she became very sad, and cried a long time. Later she told me she's so sorry that she hurt me. I told her about "Daddy loves another woman, and he's breaking up the family". I hope she's blaming herself for the separation. Thanks.
Ones that I own:
Dinosaurs Divorce. (this was read the most)
It's not your fault, Koko Bear. (2nd most read)
At Daddy's on Saturdays.
Mommy and Daddy Bear's Divorce.

Other titles I had looked at but did not purchase because of the 4 I purchased.
Let's talk about it: divorce.
The family book.
Two homes.
The Divorce Express.
I don't want to talk about it.
Was it the Chocolate pudding?
I was just factual with my kids.
I feel the main thing they need is a consistent schedule and routines
Thanks, Logans_Run and Jedi.

@Logans_Run It's such a good idea to buy related kids books so that they can understand better, and adjust better. Actually I was thinking that I should do some research on the psychological impact on kids, to understand the possible behavior change, emotional challenge, and parents' correct reaction to them. ***EDIT***

@Jedi Yeah, I will be factual, although sometimes when i'm upset, i really have to bite my tongue not to show kids my disrespectful, judgmental opinions toward WH. Also the difficult part is WH is still foggy and he doesn't understand kids need consistent schedule and routines. He wants split custody, and wants to see the other kid often. ***EDIT**
He will remain foggy as long as he is in the affair.
Waywards make terrible parents
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums