Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
X
OP Offline
X
Hi Guys, Do you have any recommendations on books helping preschooler (4-5 yr old) adjust to separation / divorce? DD is 4, recently she's upset easily, and becomes emotional. i'm not sure if it's anything to do her father's moving out a month ago.

For example, last sunday, at the end of the playdate, she refused to leave and got mad. Then she said to me "I'll never play with you, I'll only play with daddy". I told her what you said hurt mommy's feeling a lot. then she became very sad, and cried a long time. Later she told me she's so sorry that she hurt me. I told her about "Daddy loves another woman, and he's breaking up the family". I hope she's blaming herself for the separation. Thanks.

Me: BW, 36; WH: 37
Married 14 years
DD: 4yr, DS: 8 month
DD: 11/24/2013
Plan A (not properly done) since DD. Exposure to OW's friend and work on 03/25/2014. Lots of LBs.
Plan B (w/ MIL lives w/ me): started 4/4/2014. Exposed WH to most of our friends in early 05/2014.
Plan A before moving to CA as suggested by Dr Harley started 6/8/14.
L
L
Ones that I own:
Dinosaurs Divorce. (this was read the most)
It's not your fault, Koko Bear. (2nd most read)
At Daddy's on Saturdays.
Mommy and Daddy Bear's Divorce.

Other titles I had looked at but did not purchase because of the 4 I purchased.
Let's talk about it: divorce.
The family book.
Two homes.
The Divorce Express.
I don't want to talk about it.
Was it the Chocolate pudding?

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
J
J
I was just factual with my kids.
I feel the main thing they need is a consistent schedule and routines

X
OP Offline
X
Thanks, Logans_Run and Jedi.

@Logans_Run It's such a good idea to buy related kids books so that they can understand better, and adjust better. Actually I was thinking that I should do some research on the psychological impact on kids, to understand the possible behavior change, emotional challenge, and parents' correct reaction to them. ***EDIT***

@Jedi Yeah, I will be factual, although sometimes when i'm upset, i really have to bite my tongue not to show kids my disrespectful, judgmental opinions toward WH. Also the difficult part is WH is still foggy and he doesn't understand kids need consistent schedule and routines. He wants split custody, and wants to see the other kid often. ***EDIT**

Last edited by Ariel; 05/10/14 07:07 AM. Reason: Removing article.

Me: BW, 36; WH: 37
Married 14 years
DD: 4yr, DS: 8 month
DD: 11/24/2013
Plan A (not properly done) since DD. Exposure to OW's friend and work on 03/25/2014. Lots of LBs.
Plan B (w/ MIL lives w/ me): started 4/4/2014. Exposed WH to most of our friends in early 05/2014.
Plan A before moving to CA as suggested by Dr Harley started 6/8/14.
J
J
He will remain foggy as long as he is in the affair.
Waywards make terrible parents

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation