Marriage Builders
Posted By: abrrba MB Radio Android app unavailable? - 06/11/18 03:58 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the Android MB Radio app? For the last month, the search feature was not returning results (whether searching by date or keyword). Then it started crashing whenever I tried to play the latest show.

I decided to remove and re-install the app, to see if that would help. After removing the app from my phone, I found that the android app is no longer available. frown

The link to the app from the MB Radio webpage no longer works
https://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi4200_radio.html

I sent email to webmaster@marriagebuilders.com on June 1 & June 8, but haven't heard back from them yet.
Posted By: NewEveryDay Re: MB Radio Android app unavailable? - 06/11/18 07:42 PM
Yes I have that issue on my Android phone too, only recently, and deleted it too with the intent to reinstall from scratch only to not be able to find it available. I listen on my iPad, but that doesn't work in the car so I haven't heard it as often lately. I still catch a show weekly at least because I'm afraid to backslide!
I have the exact same problem. Also deleted app and tried to reinstall, but could not find the app anymore. I tried listening on my computer but it doesn't work either. Something about the security certificate for the website. I miss listening to the radio show so much. I really hope they get the problem resolved soon.
Posted By: mrEureka Re: MB Radio Android app unavailable? - 06/11/18 11:10 PM
Since I am the guy that wrote the app, I suppose I am in as good a position to answer your questions as anybody.

The app is not available on Google Play because of an issue with needing a privacy statement. That is being addressed right now, but I do not know how long it will take. I have to reprogram the app to display the statement.

As for problems with the search function, these probably have something to do with the migration to the secure server that is now hosting the archives. I will have to look at that when I get a chance.

In the meantime, I maintain a copy of the app on my own website. You will need to set your device to accept apps from non-secure sources. Then point your device�s browser to http://www.bluepionus.com/MBR.apk . Your device will then walk you through the installation.
Posted By: abrrba Re: MB Radio Android app unavailable? - 06/12/18 11:28 AM
Thanks, mrEureka, I was able to re-install the MB app. It still crashes every time, thanks for the insight about their migration to a secure server. Hopefully, it will get resolved soon.
Posted By: mrEureka Re: MB Radio Android app unavailable? - 06/12/18 03:42 PM
It will get resolved if I resolve it. There is no point in using passive voice; I know it is something that I have to do. I spent the morning trying to get Android Studio working properly on my Mac. I used Eclipse when I wrote the app originally, and that IDE is obsolete now.
Posted By: mrEureka Re: MB Radio Android app unavailable? - 06/12/18 09:43 PM
I have uploaded a new apk. Delete the old app from your device and install from http://www.bluepionus.com/MBR.apk . As I suspected, the migration to a secure server was the problem. Let me know if this works for you.
Posted By: abrrba Re: MB Radio Android app unavailable? - 06/13/18 12:53 AM
Thanks so much, mrEureka, that did the trick! It works now, including archive search. Thanks again!
Posted By: mrEureka Re: MB Radio Android app unavailable? - 06/13/18 02:48 AM
Thank you for letting me know. I will have the Google Play-compatible version done soon, then we should be able to restore availability via the App Store.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: MB Radio Android app unavailable? - 06/13/18 12:12 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to MrEureka for providing apps for the Marriage Builders radio show. What an amazing gift that benefits so many. Thanks!
Posted By: mrEureka Re: MB Radio Android app unavailable? - 06/13/18 11:33 PM
The MB Radio app for Android is back in the Google Play App Store. It now sports an annoying privacy policy screen, but if I programmed it right, you should only have to accept it once and it will never bother you again.
Posted By: PoppyNJ Re: MB Radio Android app unavailable? - 06/14/18 02:33 PM
Thank you!
Posted By: NewEveryDay Re: MB Radio Android app unavailable? - 06/14/18 02:40 PM
Thanks Mr Eureka!
© Marriage Builders® Forums