Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
abrrba Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Is anyone else having problems with the Android MB Radio app? For the last month, the search feature was not returning results (whether searching by date or keyword). Then it started crashing whenever I tried to play the latest show.

I decided to remove and re-install the app, to see if that would help. After removing the app from my phone, I found that the android app is no longer available. frown

The link to the app from the MB Radio webpage no longer works
https://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi4200_radio.html

I sent email to webmaster@marriagebuilders.com on June 1 & June 8, but haven't heard back from them yet.

BH (me) 50, WxW 47
Married 1994
D-day, plan A, & exposure Jan 2017
Divorced Nov 2017
N
Online Content
N
Yes I have that issue on my Android phone too, only recently, and deleted it too with the intent to reinstall from scratch only to not be able to find it available. I listen on my iPad, but that doesn't work in the car so I haven't heard it as often lately. I still catch a show weekly at least because I'm afraid to backslide!

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
W
W
I have the exact same problem. Also deleted app and tried to reinstall, but could not find the app anymore. I tried listening on my computer but it doesn't work either. Something about the security certificate for the website. I miss listening to the radio show so much. I really hope they get the problem resolved soon.

Me: (BW) 45
Him: (WH)43
5 children: ages 3 - 19
DD #1 - 10/2011 PA
DD #2 - 02/2012 PA
M
M
Since I am the guy that wrote the app, I suppose I am in as good a position to answer your questions as anybody.

The app is not available on Google Play because of an issue with needing a privacy statement. That is being addressed right now, but I do not know how long it will take. I have to reprogram the app to display the statement.

As for problems with the search function, these probably have something to do with the migration to the secure server that is now hosting the archives. I will have to look at that when I get a chance.

In the meantime, I maintain a copy of the app on my own website. You will need to set your device to accept apps from non-secure sources. Then point your device�s browser to http://www.bluepionus.com/MBR.apk . Your device will then walk you through the installation.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
A
abrrba Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks, mrEureka, I was able to re-install the MB app. It still crashes every time, thanks for the insight about their migration to a secure server. Hopefully, it will get resolved soon.

BH (me) 50, WxW 47
Married 1994
Divorced Nov 2017
M
M
It will get resolved if I resolve it. There is no point in using passive voice; I know it is something that I have to do. I spent the morning trying to get Android Studio working properly on my Mac. I used Eclipse when I wrote the app originally, and that IDE is obsolete now.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
M
M
I have uploaded a new apk. Delete the old app from your device and install from http://www.bluepionus.com/MBR.apk . As I suspected, the migration to a secure server was the problem. Let me know if this works for you.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
A
abrrba Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks so much, mrEureka, that did the trick! It works now, including archive search. Thanks again!

BH (me) 50, WxW 47
Married 1994
Divorced Nov 2017
M
M
Thank you for letting me know. I will have the Google Play-compatible version done soon, then we should be able to restore availability via the App Store.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
M
M
Just wanted to say thank you to MrEureka for providing apps for the Marriage Builders radio show. What an amazing gift that benefits so many. Thanks!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
The MB Radio app for Android is back in the Google Play App Store. It now sports an annoying privacy policy screen, but if I programmed it right, you should only have to accept it once and it will never bother you again.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
P
P
Thank you!

N
Online Content
N
Thanks Mr Eureka!

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation