Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 44 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Yep, and I glowed as I ate it.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
An update that has nothing to do with kids or nekkids:

Some of you may remember a long time ago a call-out being put on MB, looking for couples who would be willing to go on a show and tell their story. The Harleys had been asked to go on there, and they would only do it if an MB couple was on, too.

AJ and I were good with it, since they initially said we could have our faces blocked out. Due to the sensitive nature of some of his employment, AJ was reluctant to go on camera, and after the initial interview we declined to be on the show.

Some months later, a show person contacted us out of the blue to see if we would reconsider. The Harleys had still not been on the show, and this time AJ said yes.

We've been going through the process bit by bit, and finally we're at the place where soon, probably next week, we will hear back on whether we got the final approval to go on. The producer is pretty confident that we'll be accepted.

This is mildly terrifying, ok a lot terrifying, and wonderful all in one. I'll let you know how it goes.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Probably AJ will bring me another burrito tomorrow on his way back from The Big City.

(In case you wondered.)

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
Originally Posted by Neak
An update that has nothing to do with kids or nekkids:

Some of you may remember a long time ago a call-out being put on MB, looking for couples who would be willing to go on a show and tell their story. The Harleys had been asked to go on there, and they would only do it if an MB couple was on, too.

AJ and I were good with it, since they initially said we could have our faces blocked out. Due to the sensitive nature of some of his employment, AJ was reluctant to go on camera, and after the initial interview we declined to be on the show.

Some months later, a show person contacted us out of the blue to see if we would reconsider. The Harleys had still not been on the show, and this time AJ said yes.

We've been going through the process bit by bit, and finally we're at the place where soon, probably next week, we will hear back on whether we got the final approval to go on. The producer is pretty confident that we'll be accepted.

This is mildly terrifying, ok a lot terrifying, and wonderful all in one. I'll let you know how it goes.

cool cool-io

S
S
That sounds awesome. I am sure you two will do an excellent job.

Every time I see an update, I wonder if it will be about bus driving, and any fun stories. Would love to hear how that's going.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
Originally Posted by Neak
.This is mildly terrifying, ok a lot terrifying, and wonderful all in one. I'll let you know how it goes.

I am certain also that you will do well. It would be a very interesting show to see.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Pep - thanks. :x

Scotty - I have a couple blog posts I will be making about bus driving. I'll let you know when I do. The posts and pictures are piling up, and Neaksis is getting ahead of me!

CP, thank you. I have confidence in the end product, just the thought of sitting down and talking to a bunch of people ALL DAY LONG about our family - not even just the A - is pretty faint.

And that's a day for each of us. faintfaint

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Neak, thank you for your story. I spent several hours reading just parts of it. You are a gifted writer, and most helpful to me here.

Married 31 years, 5 kids, 4 GK

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks, Iaint. This is THE best place to be if you have to be someplace like this at all.

A quick update on the show, we have been postponed to next season. AJ needs to be able to tell a few more parts of the early A in his own words. He didn't remember it immediately upon being asked, and up against the deadline like that it was much better to put it off for a bit than try and push through with part of the story missing.

It'll give us something fun to do in winter. grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
That's amazing Neak laugh Your story is one of the most inspiring ones on here to read.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
hug Prisca

You and Markos are awesome!

So I finally got around to blogging my first bus post... smile

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
In the course of putting together the sermon I preached last week, about the birth of Isaac, I read the following quote. It made a deep impression on me, and I wanted to share it here, too.

God had promised Abraham a son, and as Abraham and his wife grew old, they decided to help God a little. At Sarah's urging, Abraham took Hagar the Handmaid and had a son with her. Once Isaac, the TRUE son of promise was born, Hagar and Ishmael caused so much trouble and strife in the household that Sarah finally begged Abraham to send away Hagar. Basically, she wanted NC with the OW and her OC.

In a move that would be considered shockingly politically incorrect in our day and age, God told Abraham to go ahead and send OW/OC away, and promised that He would take care of them.

The instruction given to Abraham touching the sacredness of the marriage relation was to be a lesson for all ages. It declares that the rights and happiness of this relation are to be carefully guarded, even at a great sacrifice. Sarah was the only true wife of Abraham. Her rights as a wife and mother no other person was entitled to share. She reverenced her husband, and in this she is presented in the New Testament as a worthy example. But she was unwilling that Abraham�s affections should be given to another, and the Lord did not reprove her for requiring the banishment of her rival.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Time for my 7-year look back and update.

It was a privilege to spend the 2 days leading up to the D-day anni taking a swing at adultery. By God's grace, my much-adored AJ and I hosted an MB-based marriage seminar at our church, the same one we did in CA, only with new and improved anecdotes.

D-day itself passed entirely without recognition on my part, and more so for AJ, who has never remembered it, lol. Unfortunately, it was not without drama, which was why nothing A-related crossed my mind. Honestly, I would rather have remembered the A.

I woke up in the middle of the night, 2:23 am NOT THAT ANYONE IS COUNTING, the Dervish was watching forbidden programming in the living room, and Mr. C was nowhere to be found!

He turned up just before we called the sheriff, but it wasn't till part-way through Sunday before he would admit where he'd been. He had slid in through a window of the school, and was running amok through the hallways. faint Thankfully, not stealing or damaging anything.

Worse yet, on one of the 3 occasions he had done this, he took the Dervish with him. faintfaintfaint

The superintendent and principal were very merciful, and only notified the sheriff rather than asking to have them cited. Mr. C has a 2 1/2 day out-of-school suspension, and the Dervish has 1 1/2. I am fairly certain that neither of them will do this exact thing again, but they will continue to find new ways of causing us gray hair. They're just creative that way.

Well, gotta go dish up some soup for my true love. Even with mini-burglars, life is still good. grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
There's nothing like current troubles to take your mind off old, bad memories, is there?

tl

M
M
The longer I am here, the more I learn, the more I fully grasp the nature of what MB and marriage truly entail.

It takes a long while for many to unlearn the art of sacrifice ... Thanks Neak for all you do ... God gives us those in his most perfect timing smile

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
unlearn the art of sacrifice

Still working on this one myself. The fun of the MB program is there's always something new to learn, and new things to try. The basic guidelines are there, and we'll spend the rest of our lives practicing their application.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Just a quick note to commemorate more than 7 years of R. On June 25, I went to work with AJ, spent an hour or more crawling around in a thick layer of dust (a bit of mud, too) underneath a building. I came out filthy from head to foot. I even had dirt up my pant legs, collected in the knees on the inside.

We laughed, we worked hard, he dusted me off VERY carefully, and we had a wonderful time. When we're together, we most always do.

smile

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Oh yes, and we just had our 16th anniversary a couple weeks ago. Woohoo!

Love you, Sweetheart!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
H
H
Congratulations Neak and AJ, 7yrs recovery and 16th anniversary. Its really great reading positive updates post recovery when your "surviving the A". All the best for the next 7yrs hurray

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
I
I
Congrats Neaky.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Page 40 of 44 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation