Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
This can be a lesson for future cases to always get a verified result; 2 tests by two labs

Paternity testing should have a "chain of custody" to ensure they haven't been tampered with. As far as I know, the courts in my state won't accept any DNA test that didn't follow a chain of custody. Home test kits won't fly.

"What does �chain of custody� mean?

The chain of custody process is what makes DDC�s paternity test results legally defensible in courts and other government agencies. It involves three main aspects:

The tested parties are properly identified when their samples are collected. (Their government-issued IDs are verified and photocopied.)

The samples are collected by a neutral third party�someone who has no personal interest in the outcome of the test (e.g., a hospital, clinic, or laboratory staff person).

The samples are tamper-taped, securely packaged at the collection site, and carefully inspected upon receipt for any evidence of tampering.

When these requirements are satisfied and documented, a paternity test�s results are legally defensible. This means that the patients can use them for legal purposes such as child custody, child support, immigration, and more."

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt