Sorry it took me so long to reply. The progression of events is pretty complicated. OM took us to court several times, but my BH and I barely "won" on technicalities (without prejudice, the judge called it), which meant OM could keep coming back...and he did.

The reason the court approved a paternity test request was because no one usually requests one--it's normally the opposite where a man doesn't want to take one. So, our attny suggested we take one, but it was up to us to submit it. It was an at-home test that BH administered with OM, so I don't know where the DNA came from--it could have been anyone's. It's not like the DNA knows who is submitting it; it merely acknowledges a biological relationship, so OM could have borrowed two other people's DNA and put that in the test kit. Regardless, my BH wanted to do it only to get rid of OM once and for all. Even if OC turned out to be OM's, BH figured we could rake him for child support, which would hopefully deter him. Eventually BH's plan worked when OM got no contact with me and was paying for a kid he didn't want.

As for taking OM to court for perjury, no way! He is gone, and we want to keep it that way. Bringing him to court could only complicate things and introduce him into our lives. We're happy and back to normal, so I don't want to drudge up the past by going back to court. Money isn't enough reason to bring on more drama.

Me: WW
BH
DD(4)
DS(2)
DD(1)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)