Butterfly,<P>I couldn't wear my jewelry for awhile either, and there are still times when it is tough. I had the diamond from my wedding ring made into a necklace. I'm wearing that now, along with the diamond earrings he gave me. <P>The band from the wedding ring was disposed of in a little ceremony I held for myself. I believe in purging the ghosts, as they say. I don't know how your marriage ended, but mine was very ugly. It wasn't worth it to me to save the gold from my wedding ring. <P>One or two other pieces of jewelry were also disposed of, along with half of the china. It really was cathartic, and I don't regret it at all. My sister was a little bummed though. She thought I could have made a nice mosaic table out of the china shards. It was Lenox "Savannah". I kinda like the idea that it is in a landfill somewhere, waiting for some future civilization to un-earth. I waited a long time before I destroyed anything, because I didn't want to do it in anger. I'd wait till the rawness of the divorce to subside a bit, so you don't have any regrets.