Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#900828 01/28/01 04:11 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Hi,<BR>I see from your profile that you started coming to marriage builders around the same time in 1999 as I did. I hav'nt been here for some time as I found it too depressing. I promised myself that I would come back and post again if my husband and I ever got back together. My husband of 16 years is moving back in this week after being with ow for two years. I read a post that you made in response to Sad Heart and it really struck a cord with me....."It is harder for US to get over the OW then it is for them to. They can put it behind them, make it go away, it is up to YOU, when YOU are ready, to not keep making him remember, by YOU bringing it up. That takes time...alot of time."<BR>You are absolutly right about this one! I am struggling with it right now...but I know that for my marriage to work...I have to leave the ow in the past. I guess I just wanted to say thank you. Its so nice to see<BR>some positive posts here.<BR>lonesome<BR>

#900829 01/28/01 11:54 AM
A
A
lonesome....<BR>Thank you for the post! Wassi E Mailed me and told me about it. She knows that I don't come here often either for the same reason as you don't. <BR>I am sooooo glad your Husband is coming back. I would really like to hear all about it. If you want to talk and share your good news....and have someone to be happy with you, give me your E address and I will be happy to listen!!!! <BR>I have another friend that his wife was gone completly for 3 years, and they are back together...doing GREAT!<BR>This is a much harder life for us now....thing that we all just took for granted in the past are so different, but much easier then not having them at all....<BR>Take it easy, but don't loose..."YOU"!<BR>Pretend that you both are just starting out on this time together, a new life, evidently there is a lot of love here, that must be nurtured too.<BR>If I were you....and this is hard to do, I wouldn't ask alot of questions about.."IT"..ask and talk about the two of you, find something outside of what happened to share and have together to get your mind off this once in a while. (ours was a new puppy, as our children are all grown and the house can be so empty at times.) <BR>Here I am, going on and on.... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com], Wassi can tell you that I am very good at that, but I am so excited for you!<BR>I'm glad I was able to give you some positive words....<P>AH [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>-----<BR>TIME<BR>

#900830 01/28/01 02:25 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Hi,<BR>Thankyou for your words of encouragement.<BR>I believe you are 100% right. It has to be a new beginning. I must leave his past with other woman behind and build on us and our future together. I'll try to come back here from time to time and post updates...I promised myself that I would try to help others here if I was able to save my marriage.<BR>This place was very helpful to me for the first few months after I found out. Then it became depressing...because there were no success stories... I wish you the best!<BR>Thanks once again<BR>lonesome

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation