Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Hello Everyone,<p>I'm asking for your prayers for HbH. Her Mom passed away on April 25th. She and her H are also dealing with residual affects from the A, and having a pretty hard time with it all.<p>And with Mother's Day approaching, I'm sure you can imagine her trials.<p>I've posted my request here on GQII, as opposed to the "Prayer Request" board, because I know she has many friends here who care about her.<p>God Bless All ....<p>Lv,
Jo

A
A
Of course I will pray for HbH. I too just lost my Mom - on March 21 of this year! We'll miss our Mom's terribly, but I take comfort that my Mom is in such a better place now - even though I miss hearing her voice and being able to pick up the phone and talk with her.
God Bless

T
T
My prayers are with HBH and her family.

Resilient!
I am so glad you have heard from her... I know our d-days were close together and we started at MB about the same time and I have been thinking and thinking and thinking about her...<p>Now I will change it to prayer [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] .<p>Cali

R
OP Offline
R
Thank you, Alberta. I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom too. She and your family are also in my prayers.<p>Thank you, Terrified. I've been keeping up on your progress. You are so much stronger. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Cali,
HbH is having a VERY hard time with all of this. I'm pretty sure she is lurking and reading. She is just not posting. I've been in touch with her via email. <p>I know she appreciates all of your responses and prayers. <p>Love,
Jo

F
F
Count me in too. I will certainly pray. I have been wondering about her for a while myself.

R
OP Offline
R
Cali,<p>If you place your email addy on this thread, HbH will email you. <p>Jo

O
O
Dear HbH,<p>I am sorry for the loss of your mother. It is painful to lose a loved one. <p>You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I have been thinking about you but misplaced your addy/ph#.<p>The other issues will be dealt with in time. I know you are a fighter but don't carry all the burden upon yourself. This is your time to unload and share it with others. <p>We are here for you. <p>Hugz,
L. <p>ps: Jo, thanks for letting us know.

Okay...<p>All MBr's can use:<p>InShockInCali@excite.com<p>Hugs,
Cali

K
K
HBH,<p>I've been wondering about you! I'm sorry to hear of your Moms passing.<p>Many extra prayers going up for you and family.<p>((((((((((HBH))))))))))<p>K

R
OP Offline
R
Bump^^^

D
D
HbH,<p>My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.<p>I do hope that you can remeber some of the good times with your mom and some of those special presents you shared with her over the years that brought a smile to her face and for her chest to fill with pride for having the wonderful daughter that she has in you!!<p>God' Blessings to you,
Dawn [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Z
Z
HbH,<p>I've been concerned about you. It's been a while since we have heard anything of you. So sorry to hear things are not going well. And sorry to hear about your mother. It's just too much all at one time for you. <p>You and your family are in STL and my prayers.

B
B
Hugs and prayers for HbH.

H
H
Hi everyone. I just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to post and for all the prayers. I have not been coming to the boards for a while because it is a major trigger for me. My anxiety attacks got really bad when my mom was sick and I was just trying to avoid triggers all together. They are still pretty bad but my doctor is putting me on Paxil so I am hoping that will help. I had to come say hi and post once I found out Jo had put this up. <p>My H is finally dealing with his issues but it means our marriage is on the backburner, which as you can imagine is very difficult. We really need to seperate but neither one of us wants to, so the only way it would get done is if I went into bit*h mode and kicked him out. Basically it doesn't look like he can work his individual issues and the marriage at the same time and although I know it's best that he works the individual stuff first, it still is quite taxing on me. It would be hard enough if there were no affair involved, y'no?<p>Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks and give a brief update. I wish you all well.<p>HbH

E
E
HbH<p>I don't know if you will come back to read more posts but I want to let you know that you have been added to my prayer list.<p>My father died last Saturday so I know how hard this is--especially trying to deal with the relationship issues as well. It seems that really does take a back seat to everything else.<p>My WW is also in a situation where she needs to deal with her own issues and not focus at all on the relationship. I understand that and know that the first thing to any possible recovery is she needs to have a healthy mental state. She is currently in a pretty deep depression and just began anti-deps so we'll see how that goes.<p>Unlike you and your H we are separated and, quite frankly, it makes it easier for me to deal with this. I had a hard time with the separation at first but I realize now that she needs her space to deal with her issues and---honestly---I need space to deal with the issues I have with myself and with the whole A.<p>I don't know how you feel about it, but separation is not the worst thing in the world. It can be helpful for both of you...<p>Good luck and you and your family are in my thoughts.<p>E

H
H
Hi Elad. It took a while for me to get back here, but I just wanted to say thanks. You guys are still seperated, huh? I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your wife is getting things done. For us the kids just make it that more complex, y'no?<p>I am so sorry to hear about your father. Please accept my deepest condolences.<p>My husband is taking me on a special trip for my birthday this weekend. Last year was the worst birthday I ever had (he had moved out the day before and gotten back with OW on that day). Anything can be better than THAT I suppose... I am excited and scared at the same time. This whole time is a huge trigger for me.<p>I see alot of very, very good changes in my husband and I can tell he is finally dealing with issues he's apparently denied for a long, long time. I am thankful in a way that he wants to be here with me as he works on his stuff, although as you put it, I know it would be much easier if we just seperated. <p>We have agreed instead to a semi-seperation. It gives him space to work on his stuff, yet he's still committed to me and we are friends and are building up our friendship. Our husband/wife relationship is on hold (meaning we are not dealing with those issues and we can't meet needs that are relationship based - like sex). It's nice, alot better than seperating I think and it's helping us to be best friends again, which is the worst thing I think I lost due to his affair.<p>We go back to marriage counseling and dealing with our marriage in a few months, after his personal stuff is straightened out enough to do that. At least that is what I can hope anyway...<p>I really hope the anti-depressants will help your wife. I am glad to hear you are doing well, you sound very strong.<p>HbH

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation