Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1000713 05/11/02 07:59 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I noticed on a lot of profiles that the A seems to begin around the 10 year mark. Is it possible the 7 year itch how now become the 10 year itch. Is society becoming more patient, so people wait for 10 years for their affair, not seven years?<p>I don't know what I'll accomplish by this post, but I had to post this. Maybe it can serve as a warning to those coming up to this mark! Watch out!!

J
J
Seahorse, I think the reason mine happened at 9 years was because we only dated 2 months before marriage. If we had dated 2 years like folks used to, my H's A would have been at the 7 year mark. The other reason it may be waiting til 10 years is because we are so busy these days. So for 3 years we just fill our time with work, hobbies, family etc., and when people realize these don't fill their ENs (especially SF) then they turn to an OP. Just my 2 cents. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

S
S
I had to reply to this post, my W's A was at our 10 year mark. Coincidence? Maybe, but I do see a trend. <p>BTW, we ARE recovering, there is hope.

M
M
We got married in 1982. Bimbo #1 made her first appearance in 1991. Go figure.<p>Psycho_B***h

G
G
I'm another one whose now ExH decided to find another at the 9 year mark - our 10th year anniversary would have been on June 6th. Divorced on 4/30 - just shy.<p>I've heard that by the 10 year mark you are either truly in love with each other - or not.<p>Maybe the 7 year itch is when the WS starts to get the idea into their head and then it takes a few years to fall into and have the A. K

C
C
Hm. My husband and I started living together in January, 1988, married in November 2000, and d-day was October 2000. I'm not sure when exactly the affair started, but I believe it was in the spring of 2000, a few months after our 9th anniversary. Hm.

D
D
We'd been married for 8 yrs. when the A started...but we dated for 2 years before we married...hmmm

R
R
D-Day was our 10th Anniversary.... Couldnt get much closer than that....

C
C
I found out about 1 week before our 10th, i swear, I have had so many people on this site write what thier WS is saying, and it is al so similar, i wish i could send all this to my WH, maybe we wouldn't feel so alone.

R
R
My WH wont even consider coming to this sight... I wonder why - is he afraid he might actually learn that his whole line of thinking is totally screwed up....

A
A
Hey, think you might be right!! now my H & I were close friends etc for 5 years before we got married. We were each others FIRST everything. He started his EA/PA/Mid life crisis last yr (our 9th yr of marriage). Our 10th anniversary is coming up very shortly!! Still stuck in limbo, going nowhere, though D was dismissed & hes under our roof.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (doseedo, 1 invisible), 533 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation