Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1032275 10/07/02 08:06 PM
K
KS Offline OP
OP Offline
K
How do you guys deal with the fact that this guy betrayed you so badly, (mine twice, once with a one night stand and once wih a long term affair), that you can finally think it will never happen again? We started MC last Friday and he was already going to counseling previously - had been lying to his own counselor for the last three years... I think maybe this counselor is a lot better. She says b*&sh&t to some of his stuff, (No, I mean, a really professional and classy lady, but she uses this word and I just want to hug her), and well, my statements too.

But I think, god, he did it before (3 times) and again with this other chick, just once, but it was emotional too. And I think is he just going to do it over and over again? How do you know a repeat offender?

Has anyone known a repeat offender that has changed completely?

N
N
I wish I could say that my serial cheater had stopped and dedicated himself to our marriage, but it was not to be.

The way I think of it is that from his point of view (my stbx's) if he got away with it last time, he can do it again anytime, and he KNOWS it. Now I know it too, and he will never get another chance with me.

By the way, I came to this way of thinking after months of solid Plan A and I am currently on Plan B. During that time I have heard more of the hidden story of our marriage, stuff that I just did not know at all. Armed with that knowledge, I just cannot put myself in the position for it to happen again.

He cheated three times before we were married and if I had known for sure (I suspected and he denied) I would NOT have married him. And I used to wonder why he thought I was stupid?

Love and light to you, and good luck,

Nina

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (still seeking), 131 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090
71,845 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation