Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
timbo_e Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Boy, was that tough. For those of you following my story, today, my xw and I met with a counselor. It's purpose was to help us figure out ways to help our son adjust to the divorce. I didn't realize that was code for beating up Tim for crying over the divorce.

Ok, I'm being a little sarcastic. And I know I need to try to not cry around my son, but I'm a cryer by nature. I'm one of the people who cries when he's happy. That's my goal for the weekend, to not cry when around my son.

The xw brought up my past attempts at reconciliation and re-emphasized her opinion it would not happen. She called it a "fantasy." Well, to some people, it was a fantasy that a Messiah would come and die for our sins, but that happened, too!

Besides, I have years of mistakes to make up for. I can't expect her to be over them in four months.

She also brought up some LB's that I had done since the divorce. Granted, they were after she had pressed my triggers, but I still need to work on them. I have to if I'm going to try to make deposits to her love bank.

Sometimes, I feel as if I should just give up. I know she would like it if I would. I've been praying, and I just don't feel it's time to give up yet.

So, in the meantime, I'm just going to continue to P.U.S.H.

Ok, to finish on a positive note, I need to tell you the check number I used. I guess I look a lot for "signs from God," but the check was number 777.

<small>[ January 07, 2003, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: timbo_e ]</small>

P
P
Timbo

Thanks for coming back with your update and sorry things are so hard right now. I wish it wasn't so tough for you. It's good you are being realistic.

Do what you have to do. I hope your counselor can help you and your family. Try to be strong and be attractive as you can be to your ex-wife as hard as that is sometimes. I wish I had more to offer for advice.

I went back recently and re-read a bunch of the Harley material and that is always helpful for me. Moreover, it also helps me understand why other people behave as they do, but some human behavior is inexplicable at times.

T
timbo_e Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Peter,

Thanks for the reply. It's just good knowing that others are reading my posts and know what I'm going through.

I have LB and HNHN on order. I'll be glad when they get in.

L
L
timbo_e,

Glad you made it through. You know the score now and what you have to overcome. Just remember, no matter what happens, if you stay the course, you will come out of this all the better for trying. Take care.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 454 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation