Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
sad*ex Offline OP
OP Offline
S
coffeeman

I accidently found some posts from "princess" something. The few that I read really helped me, but I can't remember how I found them or what the rest of the screen name was. Do you have any idea? She was a WS like me and she has made real progress(she isn't DV though) In her last post she said they(her and H) were expecting their second child. I would really appreciate your help.

thanks,
Teresa

T
T
I beleive you may be referring to Princess0413 (member # 17054). She is a FWW and was very much active on these forums last year but now posts every so often. Here's a link to Princess0413 .

How are things going with you?

S
sad*ex Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hey Coffeeman,
I honestly am doing better. I'm going next week to find another job. I know that will help me more than anything, to keep my mind off my exH. And also I won't still be so dependant on him financially. He is really good about helping in that way, but, for my own self esteem I know I need to do it on my own. Also, no intimacy in about 2 weeks. He hasn't mentioned it and neither have I. I think it's for the best. I've been trying to just get out more and see my family. When I was with him he didn't really like my family so I didn't go around them that much. I really wish he would see how overbearing he has always been. I really believe that had alot to do with my A. Not that that is an excuse, there is no excuse, but he doesn't see that he ever did anything wrong. And I know no matter how things might have been, I should have gone to him insead of OM. But our marriage was rough, at least that's how I remember it, he doesn't. He really thinks he was the perfect husband.

I really love it here! This place has been more of a help to me than anything I've tried.

Thanks for your help.
Teresa

S
sad*ex Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Oh by the way, just check and that is the princess I was looking for. thanx

T
T
Teresa I'm glad that you are becoming a stronger person than you were a few weeks ago.

I think you are wise to have stopped being intimate with your ex-H because it only makes matters worse in your present situation. Plus, if this was any other man, would you wish to be intimate with him?

You have to remember that a marriage is the equal responsibility of BOTH spouses, and BOTH have to change for the better before it can become a happy and healthy one. You've shown that you are willing to commit yourself to changing for the better, but until your ex-H shows the same willingness, it is best not to raise your hopes up. Continue to strive for emotional detachment until you see proof that he is serious about rebuilding a relationship that will lead to marriage.

Good luck and God bless you and your loved ones.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 543 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation