Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1100831 11/28/03 08:43 PM
A
OP Offline
A
My wife had unprotected sex one time in September 2002. I found out about her affair because I became infected with Herpes and had an outbreak. We both were tested for STD's within two to three weeks of the unprotected sex and, with the exception of the Herpes test, no other STD's were detected. Lately I have been tired a great deal of the time and seem to have issues recovering when I become ill. I am concerned that something may be wrong, perhaps cancer or HIV. I do work a lot of hours in a high stress job, so perhaps I am reading too much into my symptoms. I read somewhere that HIV can remain undetected for up to six months after one becomes infected. If this is true, then my wife and I could have had negative test results and still been infected with HIV. Does anyone know the details about HIV testing? Thanks in advance for your help.

#1100832 11/28/03 10:43 PM
B
B
Hello:

What you said is quite true. I am no expert but I do know that usually HIV will not show up for at least 6 months. I believe (not really sure) but you need to be tested every 6 months for the next two years to be sure. Good luck.

#1100833 11/28/03 10:57 PM
C
C
Hello,

As a fellow Herpes sufferer (had it for 12 years now) I can say that some of your symptoms may be secondary affects of the Herpes. I don't habitually post on this board, (but I will look back for this post) so if you want to discuss this further please let me know. We can e-mail.

<small>[ November 28, 2003, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: cat_lover ]</small>

#1100834 11/30/03 01:06 AM
S
S
mfisher

You said the affair occurred in September 2002. Well over a year has passed and a simple blood test for both you and your wife would put you minds at rest. There are many reasons for tiredness. HIV is not at the top of the list.

Get the test done and be at peace.

Beau

#1100835 11/29/03 02:32 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks for your replies. I will ask my doctor for another HIV test just to put my mind at ease.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 76 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation