Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
X
xquzme Offline OP
OP Offline
X
I hope you don't mind me asking, I have read in previous posts from you, that you have called into Harley's radio show and spoke with him twice. I am very interested in knowing more about this. Did you find it helpful? Did you get through the first time you tried? I also wonder how I would find the information about calling in.

C
C
First contact was September 24, 2001, two weeks after first kiss -- a kiss I didn't know about but only that Sophia had called Tom on the day of the World Trade Center bombings and said "I need a friend." I sent an e-mail which Harley answered the next week. He said to call the woman's husband. I played the tape of the program to my H who became furious and then said he wouldn't have contact with Sophia if I didn't contact her husband. I agreed.

BIG MISTAKE. Second callw as on April 22, 2002, when I called at the end of the show because I didn't want to be on, he talked with me and again said to call the woman's husband. I literally pressed down on the phone button and lifted up and called the woman's husband that minute, and the affair came to light because the now enlightened and alarmed husband got the truth from his wife.

I won't go into the details of why I didn't follow his advice the first time, but what I ended up doing was listening to the show and calling in -- getting my voice go over the air -- about every other month as we went through two marriage counselors.

Finally, last month I sat my H down, told him that I was ending MC with a woman who was telling me he was a narcissist and I should plan on a long-term separation and said you can try MB or not. He decided to try MB.

I found the advice very helpful. It was contradictory with what I was getting from the IC I started getting on 11/6/01, and Tom was completely opposed to counseling with "that clown." More or less, I had to get to the point of deciding I was not willing to stay in THIS marriage.

You can get the 1-800 number to call from www.marriagebuilders.com under MARRIAGE TALK RADIO. Thursdays are usually lighter for calls. They rarely have no calls, but they often can spend quite a few minutes with people -- like 10 minutes. You may need to wait almost the whole hour, but I usually didn't. The radio broadcast is only in the Twin Cities area and is on a Christian radio station. Being a Catholic from a Minneapolis suburb, I figured there was little risk people I knew would recognize my voice, and I decided that it was worth the risk to talk with him.

I find Harley quite able to figure out what is going on. I certainly didn't think my H was having an A, and he knew it right away based on my e-mail. He has seen patterns of behavior from years of dealing with people in bad marriages.

<small>[ January 27, 2004, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: broken heart and arm ]</small>

X
xquzme Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Thank you so much for your detailed response it was very helpful. I really appreciate your assistance! Good luck to you guys in your R. I am so glad Harley was so beneficial for you! That is great to hear.

C
C
A rather emotional response from me... I did benefit from talking with him and think that we are now on the right track, trying to rebuild a romantic relationship rather than focusing on problems, problems, problems....

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 672 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation