Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
I am looking for suggestions that may help me help my WW do better. It has really been a struggle to heal from the discovery of what she did. In earlier posts I gave a summary of our story, but in a nutshell, she had an A with someone and that destroyed the trust I had in her. All along I thought that was something that she would never do because she used to threaten me saying that she would never tolerate an indiscretion. She has been a very jealous and angry woman. Based on my readings and suggestions by others here, most of what has happened can be traced to how she was treated early in life by her parents.
I have seen her suffer and it literally tears my heart to see her in pain. She has some days when she is fine, but others she is angry and irritable. Interestingly, I still sense jealousy on her part and a great deal of insecurity. She is seeing a counselor, but I do not know how or what type of treatment she is under. I am very afraid to leave her alone, but I want to be able to trust. I also want for her to stop being so controlling. What can I do? I recently got a call to meet my parents who leave overseas, and since that day she seems to resent the fact that I am going to see them. I am really intrigued by her reactions. Especially since she has said that she wants to change.
Does anyone have similar experience with jealousy and anger on the part of a WS? I want to be supportive and I tend to ignore those reactions or take them lightly, but they really trouble me.

What can I do?

J
J
You can talk to her about it. Why is she having a problem of you going to see your parents? Can she tell you how she feels about it?

Talk to her and listen to her. You do NOT have to agree with her, but you do have to UNDERSTAND her.

As far as trusting her, you should tell her something like, "I'm going to be anxious when I'm away, so I might call you a lot."

I
I
You need to learn to trust her again. As hard as it may be, try not to be calling her often. She may think you are checking on her.

Anger, controlling behavior and jealousy go together in those who have been abused. Her insecurities are helping her fuel her reactions. I know because I have been there and done that. Her counselor should be able to help, if she allows it.

Why does she resent that you see your parents? That is not very clear. Is she jealous that you are affectionate with them?

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 245 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation