Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1153862 07/03/04 12:03 AM
S
OP Offline
S
just need someone to talk to.....

anybody who can come to chat?

how do I get over having to take legal actions to survive.....everything I am forced to do is SO against everything I feel and BELIEVE.....I am not ok.

PEACE OUT

#1153863 07/03/04 12:35 AM
F
F
Hi Sprezz, it's me.

Saw that you're almost in Plan B. Here's my latest. I think I was first plan b, last we spoke. WH cracked after about a week. Said he wanted to come back and work on marriage, but needed to time to "unattach" to OW. "Know that I love you and want us together to work on our marriage." Me: Does OW know this? WH: Well she knows something's up given last week (I had sent her plan b letter, per SAA). Didn't pan out. Went to Plan be again. Lasted three days. WH emails: I'm not seeing OW anymore. Broke it off. No contact. Told her I need to go back to my family and fix what I broke. I am 100% sure that I want to focus 100% on you. I am alone. OW has gone out of town for the week" (this should have been a red flag)

So we meet later that night at a movie for the family (already planned). By that evening he was already depressed, withdraw. We talk a little and he says he wants to take it slow. I say it will be very hard at first, but we need to use these first few weeks to establish trust. He goes back to his own apartment.

Next night comes over for family dinner. I ask if any contact. He says no and mutters "this is ridiculous" (I think he is referring to the feelings that he still had for OW that he thought would magically go away). He's says later that night that he doesn't think he wants to come back. It's been too long since he had any feelings for me. I say, you need to give it time. There will be withdrawals. He says "i'm not addicting. I'm not a drug addict!" He says: I have been working on it (marriage) when we were married and after. I say: Umm, we are still married. He: I mean after the break up (break up!! are we in HS?)

Says he's looking at the big picture, how he has been emotional detached from me for so long. (apparently "big picture" doesn't include our decision to have kids, life together, etc.) Says it has nothing to do with OW! (really??)

I said you need to find in your heart to fight for us. He said he is digging hard. Hmmm. Said he wants to stay at his place Friday night to read book I gave him (The case against divorce--found it before MB). Double hmmmm. WH never reads and probably wont. WH said: "I'll be over Sat. am" Seems he misses me when I'm not around, and her when she's not around.

So, back to Plan B for me. Don't think I'll be here on Sat. Packing up the kids and going to my sister's for the weekend. Leaving a note on the door: We're gone. She's in the next town and has a big house that fits all of us (very nice for kids and me). My mom will be there and other family too.

So I sit and wonder...will WH call today? Will he show up tomorrow or leave some message tonight that he will not be over tomorrow? If he sees note, will he try to contact me or run to OW (I'm guessing she's at some beach within 2-4 hours).

OW won't put up with this for too long as is. Doesn't like spending only every other weekend with WH. Kids have spent a total of 2 weekends with WH and I insist that they have no contact with OW. But she's smart. I bet she starts to see someone else quickly to make WH jealous. He an idiot (in the nicest sense of the term)--wants what he can't have

WH big problem: To choose between "what I have now, or the risk of working on my marriage and it not working". Isn't he a fighter?

#1153864 07/03/04 12:40 AM
S
OP Offline
S

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation