Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1154854 07/05/04 10:24 AM
S
OP Offline
S
hi all- h has NC with any of us. his family. I just don't GET it. thats my whole story today. week 7 begins of the WALK OUT. prayers please......

PEACE OUT

#1154855 07/05/04 10:38 AM
A
A
Sprezz,
Here I am again!

Have you noticed that trying to "get it" isn't working, helping you or making any difference in your life situation? A wise person told me when I was in this that I needed to stop trying to understand..lean not on your own understanding.

Instead look inside yourself...what inside you can be strengthened so that you are at peace no matter what your circumstances? I realized that I had placed way to much importance on my H, being married and many other things. My relationship with God needed deepening and much more. As you are able to ACCEPT the situation you are in, do what you CAN (which is only control yourself) and gain the courage to face whatever the future holds, trusting in God that you will be OK no matter what.

This is a place of peace that feels so amazing--I am not always able to be there, but am miles from where I was, even pre-A. That is my gift from all of this.

I know you want a listening ear, and it seems you have lots of supporters to vent to. I am sorry that I just can't listen so well sometimes--I just see from your posts that you seem stuck. The only way out that I can see is acceptance. Work on loving yourself and building a life that doesn't rely on the particular outcome of your H coming back and your M working out. Give him the space he seems to need to work out whatever it is. You just CAN'T do it for him. And btw, you may never completely understand. Hard as that is, that may need to be accepted too.

Hang in there.

#1154856 07/05/04 10:52 AM
S
OP Offline
S
thanks anne- really.

PEACE OUT

#1154857 07/05/04 11:35 AM
S
S
{{{Sprezz}}}

I spend alot of time trying to put myself in my husbands shoes,too- to understand.

The only one who really knows what is going on is God. Be still and He will give you insight.

Shul

#1154858 07/05/04 11:50 AM
S
OP Offline
S
hi Shul- just spent 1/2 hour talking to a priest- interesting. chat?

PEACE OUT

#1154859 07/05/04 01:14 PM
S
S
Sounds alot better than what I am doing... full house last night and cleaning woman didn't show.

I have to get back to scrubbing toilets, but I will pop into chat later, asap.

Shul

#1154860 07/05/04 01:58 PM
S
OP Offline
S
ok-looking fwd to it

PEACE OUT

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 355 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation