Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1167882 08/06/04 12:54 AM
H
OP Offline
H
It's only been a couple of months since d-day, and everything is still very fresh and painful, BUT, let me tell you something, FWH and I have talked so much, and for the first time, he's really listening! He has taken to heart all of the MB principles and is using them. He is making a huge effort to meet my EN's and to deposit units in my LB. For example, he knows that when I call because I just want to say hi and I'm lonely, he puts on his happy face for me. No more mr. grumpy and annoyed at having to talk to me AND, if I don't say I love you when we hang up, he calls me right back to tell me. He used to ALWAYS get mad talking to me on the phone. No more! He's constantly hugging me and kissing me and paying me attention. He's always trying to make me happy, telling me how much he loves me. He has started to act like the man I married so long ago. He's acting like he is HAPPY with me. It's so wonderful. We're going camping this weekend and then to Minnesota next week and we're so excited. We're like little kids, or long lost loves who found eachother all over again. Never has he tried to be like this. He had a major epiphany (his words, not mine)and realized how much he loves me and doesn't want to lose me. Whenever we're out, he makes a consious effort not to even LOOK at another woman, and I notice this. All these little things. I love him more now than ever. Yes, I'm still deeply hurt, but all these things he's doing for me and all the communication are slowly healing those wounds. AND, get this, he's VERY angry at OW for the lies that she said (she was trying to break us up). He's very angry at HER (and himself of course, but, he didn't realize how manipulative she was until now).

My point is, there is hope people. The hurt is starting to fade already, due to my FWH's diligence in meeting my EN's. The handholding, hugging, kissing, love words, everything. It works and I hope that you all can reach this point. It can only get better if things keep going like this. I'm feeling very positive about our relationship and marriage, more now than ever before in our whole marriage.

I hope this gives some of you hope.

#1167883 08/05/04 02:06 PM
H
H
haley -

Thank you for the post. I wish there were more like you out there.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation