Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1187464 09/18/04 12:45 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hello, it is late otherwise I would give more of an introduction.

I'm 23 my h is 25. We have been married over 4 years and we have 3 children. We have a 5 yr old, an almost 2 yr old, and a 4 week old. My H had an affair last year, it lasted 2-3 weeks, it ended in a OC.

Recovery for our M was non existent before, but I think through Gods grace everything is so completly different you could call it a miracle looking back.

Instead of my H being the one not coping, being a jerk, like he was at the beginning, it is me. I'm not so sure I still want to be here even though it has been 14m since dd. I feel at times so angry that I want to find an OM just for revenge. I feel bad about feeling that way though. My husband is being so great, but I'm starting to wear him down a bit. Yet I don't care too much about it, I think I want to move on but my H has begged me to stay for a length of time to make sure that's what I want. So that is what I'm doing.

I guess I made this longer then I intended to. You have to help me though, I'm reading posts and getting so confused by like tr and wh and so on. I know ow, oc, h, m, a, cs, all the ones that I know pertain to me anyway, lol. Can you help me out to the other frequently and not so frequent abbreviations? Thanx a bunch

<small>[ September 18, 2004, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: smurfgirl ]</small>

L
L
Smurfgirl.....Flip over to "Just Found Out" and the first two posts are all the abbreviations and a standard welcome post. Should clear up the ones your missing.

BTW, I'm glad you found this website. It sure has helped a heck of alot of folks. And it continues!

I've read some posts from others that have been or are where you are now. Keep posting as the weekends tend to be slower.....Hope this helps.

Have you had the opportunity to get Surviving an Affair and His Needs/Her Needs. Two really good books that may answer alot of your questions along with all of the MB principles here on the website........LS

N
N
Here ya go.... Acronyms, Smilies,,etc

<small>[ September 18, 2004, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Nerlycrzy ]</small>

S
OP Offline
S
No I havent written the webmasters books, they sound helpful though. However I have read Torn Asunder.

S
S
smurfgirl, hi and welcome. I'm a friend of a couple who are getting over an affair (husband had one and we found out about it together this past June). I recommended this site and their books as well as couple counseling. Have you tried counseling yet?

All the best.

S
OP Offline
S
omg, I must of been REALLY tired last post, lol, I can't believe I wrote that! lol. Yes we did counceling but stopped back in april due to circumstances, then my son got out of school so we had no one to watch him so we could go. Now that he started school again I suppose we should get goin on starting again. Although I don't know how my almost 2 yr old will do.........

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation