Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 287 of 333 1 2 285 286 287 288 289 332 333
weaver #1206003 03/02/07 03:47 PM
S
S
Yeah, Weaver, I agree about Gray's remarks being pretty accurate.

Woman (usually) have plenty of opportunities to get an ego boost (and thus, a boost in self esteem, which aids in recovery) by simply being out and about, while men have to put themselves into a more vulnerable position before this happens. I'm pretty old fashioned, but I do think it would be neat to see a woman ask a man she really likes out to lunch or something. Would most men find this attractive, or too forward? Hmmm.

Having said that, though, I will say that I think many women are more prone to melancholic or depressive episodes, as well as poorer self-esteem in general, which can hinder their own recovery periods.

Oh, dear. i'm babbling again. Who died and made me a psychologist?? =)

Hugs to you all,

Quacko slh

[font:Arial Black]
JUMP!
-- and you will find out how to
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

[color:red]
weaver #1206004 03/02/07 04:07 PM
S
S
SS has been........ ah......... well, he's been under the gun at work. It seems like time goes faster, and faster, but my brain goes slower, and slower. These two, when put together, don't translate into increased productivity. (grin)

SLH, whatever happened to your baby? I haven't heard much lately.

Weaver, do you have a time table for all this stuff that you are going to do? Did I miss it?

Gray,
Do you have your summer vacation planned yet?

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
S

ROFL. SS, are you confusing me with some other SLH? The only "baby" I have starts kindergarten in August. And much as I love her, I can't wait. I want to take some serious photography and graphic design classes.

JUMP!
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

S
S
No, I meant the one you loved to ride.

The Arabian.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
S
Oh, my pony, LOL! He's wonderful, SS, thanks for asking. He turns 21 this year, the old curmudgeon. But he's hanging in there.

pony pic

if that doesn't work, try the blog link:

Musing with Xenophon

JUMP!
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

S
S
So how long will you be "under the gun", SS? Is it inventory related, and soon to be resolved? Or is it open season for businesses like yours?

Vacation? What's that?? Lucky!

JUMP!
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

S
S
Probably not soon resolved.
Take longer to explain than I have - mostly software upgrades in store, and it cascades down and requires more changes for web site, and that requires changes to some business practices.

Also, this is trade show season, when we write orders for fall, and we take inventory, and count the whole store. Count is finished, but we are tracking down errors.

We try to do all these around normal business.

SLH, your H did take a job that gives him vacation time this time around, DIDN'T HE????

SS taps foot, waiting.........

A
A
Headline: Software Upgrade Drives Business Practices

wow.

I never knew we cs geeks were so MBA.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
Aphelion #1206011 03/02/07 06:36 PM
A
A
Hi SLH. Cool blog and cool pics.

with prayers,

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
S
S

Vacation? Mmmm. . . in theory. He works for a fantastic company now, just huge, with all kinds of benefits and phenomenal pay. Of course, I would have to tear him away from the computer, where he works day and night. . .

No, it's not that bad, really. But deadlines do suck, don't they? =)

I didn't know you had a web site, SS! If you still have my email, would you send me the link? I'd love to see what kind of products your family offers. Who knows, I might have need of them. . . one day if we ever go on VACATION.
LOL.

JUMP!
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

Aphelion #1206013 03/02/07 06:43 PM
S
S
Hey, Appy. Thanks a lot. I'm dabbling a lot in photography, graphics & web design, and making a small name for myself in the local horse world. It's not a lot, but it's rewarding and pays some. Keeps me off the streets. =)

How have you and yours been? Have I missed a lot you've put on other threads?

slh

JUMP!
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

weaver #1206014 03/02/07 06:49 PM
I can't listen on my computer. I don't know what's wrong.

I'm betting it's a PC. Macs work. They just do.

-ol' 2long

S
S
Appy,
It would read like this:

"Headline: Software Upgrade Totally re-arranges Business Practices."

You install, and then live with the consequences.

Do you ever miss things in testing? I did.

SS

S
S
SLH, I think I have it - but gotta go for now. Hot date.

BTW, you guys are dating weekly now....... right?

SS

2long #1206017 03/02/07 06:52 PM
S
S
ROFL, 2L.

Vintage you. =)

Brought any Arrogant B*ast*rd ale for the campfire this evening? I'm wanting something dark and rich tonight, none of that sissy lite stuff.

JUMP!
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

S
S
Enjoy your date with your Beauty, SS!

Now that the hormonal pre-teen is almost 12, maybe we could go out on a date once this weekend. . . hmmmm. . .

JUMP!
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

A
A
Testing? We don't need no stink'n testing.

They're not bugs, they'r features.

yeah, 2 sometimes I wish I had my mac back.

But I work with Crays, and a lot of special stuff now.

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
Aphelion #1206020 03/05/07 08:03 AM
W
W
Weaver, do you have a time table for all this stuff that you are going to do? Did I miss it?

Well, right now I am in the process of moving into my little house. The one my sister has been renting. She is going to buy the big house on land contract from me, along with the bungalow I rent out back. It was kind of a compromise to get he out of that little house without the kind of battle 2long has been dealing with.

The economy is so bad here right now that I am very thankful to be selling it to her on land contract and getting it off of my shoulders. I hate being a land lord all though I have been very lucky with the bungalow renters.

Anyway P and I are excited to get back into our little house. It is small and cute with a big fenced in yard. We were very happy the years we lived there. It just has a good energy about it.

She goes with her dad this summer and we plan on moving to Green Bay this fall for her school.

But I don't know for sure. I am thinking now that I am not in such a big hurry to get married. We are so compatible and we get along so good that I am just loving being enraged, I mean engaged. He is in more of a hurry than I am. He is so worried someone else is going to come along and steal me away. I wish I could alay (sp) his fears because that just isn't going to happen. I guess in time he will learn to trust that I am in this with him forever.

He is always in MS and LA anyway, with his business. We'll see on the wedding plans later in the summer.

A single mom who works full time with a big house to care for has almost no extra time. GB takes up whatever extra time I do have.

No other goals right now SS. Like you said time goes faster and the brain goes slower...LOL Too funny!

SLH, it's nice to see you posting. Did I say that already?

weaver #1206021 03/05/07 02:13 PM
weaver:

In our case, we're still being very generous with my SIL, though she'll never be able 2 appreciate that.

We mediated in January, and she agreed that if she couldn't buy the house from us she would let us sell it and we'd split the equity. Since she's not been paying rent for several months now, but the mortgage still needs 2 be paid, she's agreed 2 have the monthly expense deducted from her share of the sale price, plus capital gains and stuff. So, if it doesn't sell in a year or so, she may not make anything, other than having had the chance 2 continue living there until it sells without paying rent.

I don't think a land contract would be legal in CA, but I never got so far as needing 2 know...

-ol' 2long

-ol' 2long

2long #1206022 03/05/07 02:21 PM
W
W
2long,

I'm forfeiting any kind of a down payment, and will not get a lump sum until the 7 year land contract (or 9 if she decides) is satisfied. (lump sum at the end)

I believe you said you wanted to sell it to pull out equity to help your DD and SIL buy a home. Will you still be able to do this?

My dad gave me the down payment ($7000.) on my first house and it was a gesture I will never, ever forget. It meant so much to me at the time and still does.

I didn't want to sell my big house and bungalow as it is a good investment property, but I wanted to move back into the little house and rent the big one out (for more than sis would ever have agreed to pay to me) hence the compromise. But now I am very glad to be done with it! What a weight lifted, really.

Page 287 of 333 1 2 285 286 287 288 289 332 333

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 158 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation