Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1210199 10/26/04 08:18 AM
C
C
Absolutely terrible..... but I do not think it would be any worse than if the truth had come from her. I think the fact that the WS did not confess would be the least of the betrayals at that moment and would not make a huge difference. I admit that it would be different if this had been a long term affair with real feelings involved, but in this situation I would not want to know.

#1210200 10/26/04 08:53 AM
C
C
Sunstar,

I was the "victim" of my DH's one night stand while drunk. He waited about 3-4 weeks to tell me. He couldn't handle the guilt any longer. He was the man I thought would NEVER cheat on me. EVER. But he slipped. And he told me about it.

I'll tell you, things have never been BETTER between us since. It's still hard to think about, but we're so much more open now. I am more available to hearing what HIS needs are.

Please find a way to tell your H.

C

#1210201 10/26/04 09:52 AM
M
M
Hi Sunstar,

Just to give you yet another perspective from someone who was the betrayed spouse.

I figured out my W's affair rather quickly (within a month of it starting). I have to tell you that I can't really put my finger on what actually made me suspicious other than I just had a feeling that something was going on by the way she looked at me and was acting towards me. I had been with this woman since I was 19 so I definitely knew her well, and picked up on unusal behaviour right away.

Don't assume you can hide the affair from him. Maybe some W are sneakier than mine, and some H not as observant as me but is that a risk you are willing to take?

Just to let you know how it turned out. My W and I are now currently going through a divorce. Hypothetically I think if my W had handled things differently the results MAY have turned out differently if :
1. If she had told me about the affair immediately when it happened
2. Had admitted it was wrong and a mistake and that our marriage needed help
3. Had committed to work on saving our marriage
4. Had admitted she still loved me

None of those four things happened with me so I made the only choice I thought I had. I told her she could not date other people in our marriage and that she would have to leave the house. She didn't really want to but I made her (I'm not sure how exactly she saw the future unfolding?!?)

We are now dealing with lawyers and property division instead of marriage counsellors. And the big losers in this are our three beautiful children (4, 9, 11) which I have custody of full time.

Just something to think about... I believe in marriage but it there has to be two to make it work!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 180 guests, and 231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation