Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
I have been receiving the newsletter for years now, but only joined the forum this morning.

Please help. My husband turns into a monster when he drinks too much. Granted, it does not happen often, and when it happens at home and we are alone, I don't mind so much. But when it happens when we are between friends, and he makes a complete [censored] of himself, then it becomes a problem. He would be overly friendly with me at first, and then, seeing that I am not responding to him, he will start a heated discussion with me in front of everyone. It is as if he will try to be as annoying as possible, and to do as much to irritate me as possible.
He said to me that he made a discision to have fun, and that I am a sourpuss.

What to do?????

Antionette

T
T
I suggest you read the concepts on this site. You can learn about Point of Joint Agreement (POJA) and the Rules of Protection etc.

Rules of Protection

You can help your marriage grow healthier by both agreeing to work on it.

You may want to read the books Lovebusters and His Needs Her Needs both by Dr. Willard Harley.

L
L
I feel for you. my mother-in law has the same relationship with my father-in law.

I get embarrassed for her because he always if drunk or intoxicated and starts conversational fights with her. I think after so many years she has just learned to put up with it.

Unfortunatly due to some poor choices she (mother-in law) had to move in with my sister-in law(made the poor choices)so they have been living seperately for a year now. Now that she could move back home....she hasn't says he's just too difficult to live with.

Please look up the info on this sight . You may still be able to get help before you become too tired too.

Lori

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 425 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation