Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1232453 11/23/04 07:00 PM
A
ama75 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
She feels I am depressed with anxiety attacks and prescribed Paxil. Has anyone taken this before? Does it work? I am hopeful that it will. WH still isn't home from Canada yet. He was supposed to be home Friday, but the plane kept breaking.... (remember, he met OW in Canada, where he is now). He swears he hasn't contacted her at all since being there. He is supposed to be home tomorrow (that is what they have said every day though). I still haven't done our Thanksgiving shopping... have three small children and will not do it alone. I am still in such a state that I wish all this would just go away. I am sure that is very normal though. Oh, BTW, I have made an appointment with a counsellor through my boss's church. The other one I had went to last week, seemed to be suggesting separation, and that is NOT what I want. Anyway, just a short update on me. Here's hoping Paxil does the trick!

#1232454 11/23/04 07:32 PM
B
B
ama - hang in there. sometimes the AD's take a few weeks to really work - but they do work. and they will help you get through this very trying time in your life. right now, you want to think clearly and be able to make decisions rationally.

Brown

#1232455 11/28/04 11:24 AM
D
D
ama,

Been thinking about you. Is he back? How are you doing?

Dobie

#1232456 11/29/04 01:12 AM
A
ama75 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks Dobie. He got home Wednesday night. Our Jeep had gotten broken into at the airport (he had parked it there while he was gone) and it was completely indrivable. Lots of chaos. More stress. He has been acting pretty good since he got home. Still swears he hasn't contacted her. However, he has cleaned out the cookies on the computer a couple times, which is suspicious to me. Ugh! Anyway, the meds are helping some, just making me a little more tired, but hopefully that will wear off.

#1232457 11/29/04 01:51 AM
S
S
I strongly recommend that you do a bit of research on Paxil before you start it.

Just do a Google search, and read about some of the longterm effects.

There are other AD's available.

#1232458 11/28/04 04:58 PM
A
A
My doctor prescribed me Effexor XR and then I asked to be switched to Wellbutrin XL due to the sexual side effects of Effexor. Wellbutrin made me feel tense and agitated. Finally, I decided to see a psychiatrist and he prescribed Zoloft for me. 100 mg of Zoloft, along with 3 mg of Xanax, has helped me tremendously. Both drugs prevent panic attacks, but the Zoloft did not take care of my problem with panic attacks entirely. Xanax is addictive and tends to make one feel tired at first, but it seems to work well for me. I tend to be a rather intense person, Type "A" personallity for sure, and the Zoloft/Xanax combination seems to help me to take it down a notch so to speak.

#1232459 11/28/04 05:16 PM
M
M
I have taken Paxil as well as several other anti depressant drugs over the course of my life and there is just one thing I want to point out. Almost ALL anti-depressants cause a lower sexual drive. My only concern is that in the middle of marriage problems, you have to remember that the drugs may be causing you to feel less stimulated. Keep that in mind while you sort through things, that's all.

#1232460 11/28/04 05:26 PM
L
L
Amafish...did you seem to have trouble getting off the Effexor? Like withdrawl trouble or did they slowly tapper you off and over to the Zoloft? I took Paxil for years and then I went over to Effexor...I'm wanting to come off of it and try something else with less side effects (sexually), but everytime I try I get the withdrawl symptoms. Cold sweats, dizziness, I hate it...

#1232461 11/29/04 09:00 AM
D
D
If he really wants you to start trusting him ever again, he needs to make his life an open book. You need full access to his emails, his credit card statements, and his cell phone logs. He needs to be 100% accountable for his time. Have you asked him if he's willing to do this yet? Don't nag, just calmly tell him that this is something that you need.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation