Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
I went out with a bunch of friends last night. Got a little toasty. When I got home I found this box on my kitchen counter of old pics of mostly me and my friends. These pics were in a big box of family and friend pics that my ex W took awhile back. Anyway, I guess that's her way of trying to remove me from her past. I don't know why, but it really depressed the heck out of me.....

So, then I go to sleep and have this dream that ex W said she wanted to get back together. Of course I woke up and it wasn't true, so I'm kinda depressed right now. I just thouhgt it wouldn't be so bad after the DV and we could move on with our lives. I guess she is, but I'm still struggling with the aftermath of it all....

I do have a date for next week with someone I met on line. I was really looking forward to it until last night. Now the thrill kinda got diminished. Does this make sense to anyone? Is this normal? How do you get past all this and move on? Like I said in the beginning, this is more of a rant than anything. Its kinda hard talking to my friends about this. I hope I don't depress others.......

H
H
That is what we are here for M8EE.

I know what you mean about talking to the friends, even the ones that understand & support, after a while they start to get that look in their eyes that says "i hope you stop talking about this soon"

I guess that is one of the great things about this place, we all are going through the same things to one extent or another. As such I think we all better understand the pain a little better as well.

Rant away, we are here for you

{{lost-without-her}}

Hosea

T
T
{{{{lost without her}}}}

I'm so sorry you are still hurting. I guess it takes a while to feel whole again. I still have a long road ahead of me so I don't really know what to tell you.....just stay strong and keep coming here and ranting. I know it helps.

Hang in there.....things have to get better!

R
RHM Offline
R
You were married for 17 yrs do you think a dv will make all the love go away. Hang in there and keep the chin up. Heard a rumor your e-date was Cindy Crawford. LOL Have fun be yourself and I hope you can find someone to love again. Don't rush it though.

K
K
i have had a couple of dates and i am not now doing this as i felt as you do...dont put the date through your agony...she will feel it and you will not more than likely get a second date....be honest with her about your feeling...that might get you a date later down the road when you are stronger

A
A
Just wanted to leave a hug and let you know I read.

R
R
Lost with out her,
Maybe you are like my husband was? not over the x
when we got married. Hopefully you will move on.
Just remember that there are friends and people that will come into your life and Love you like you should be loved. I wish you the best. Just be honest with any new relationships.
chin up,
R

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks all for posting. It always helps me when I know I can post on here and get support from all of you...

A friend told me once that it takes 2 times the length of a relationship to get over that relationship. I hope the heck that isn't the case. If so, I'll probably be dead before I get over my exW. LOL... I know it will take time and I hope I will not let it affect any relationships I have in the future...

I was thinking yesterday how nice it was to not have anyone in my life right now. That I can do whatever I want when I want. But, then I thought how nice it was being married and having someone to keep me in check and have to go home to. I miss having a person in my life that knew and accepted me for who I am. It took many years to get to that point. I know it'll take a long time to ever get to that point again. I look forward to that day. I don't look forward to searching for that person. It just seems like a long road ahead.....

Again, thanks for all the support you give me. I hope I can repay all of you some day...

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation