Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
OP Offline
C
Here is a few of the statements my Wife has used (and many others spouses too!). Most of ‘em are pretty textbook.<P>“I haven’t loved you for a long time”<BR>“I love you, but I’m not IN love with you”<BR>“I care about you”<BR>“It’s not about sex“<BR>“I didn’t mean for this to happen”<BR>“See, you’ll never get over this”<BR>“I’m sorry I hurt you”<BR>“You’ll never let me live this down”<BR>“I don’t feel guilty about anything I’ve done”<BR>“You never bought me Coke, you only got Pepsi”. Well, okay, I haven’t heard that one from anyone else [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!<BR>------------------<BR>“I’m not afraid anymore,<BR>it’s only a broken heart”<BR>Only A Broken Heart - Tom Petty<P>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<p>[This message has been edited by Chris (CA123) (edited May 18, 1999).]

W
W
How about:<BR>"It isn't about you, it's about me."<BR>"I didn't think you could forgive me."<BR>"It will always come back to this won't it?"<BR>"I never meant to hurt you."<P>and my all time favorite quote:<BR>"She's just a friend!"

Y
Y
..and these:<P>"You weren't supposed to know"<P>"It doesn't mean anything to me" or<BR>"He didn't mean anything to me"<P>"He could never compete with you"<P>Marty

D
D
(Seeing my reaction to finding out):<BR>"Typical male!...It's all about SEX, isn't it?...It was JUST sex!"<BR>(News flash: There is no such thing as "just" sex.)<BR>(when pressed a bit further with simple questions):<BR>"You're trying to destroy me! Well, I won't let that happen!" and "You're trying to coerce me. I'm not going to play your game!"

N
N
Okay, I feel the need to chime in:<P>1) "It has nothing to do with her this<BR> is about you and I" (yeah right)<BR>2) "I tried" (How by walking out the door?"<BR>3) "I've felt this way for a long time"(could have fooled me)<BR>Unfortunately, the many more lines I've received have already been used!

P
P
Here's more...<P>"I feel like I have not given myself/been given a chance to truly sort through my feelings."<BR>"I'm getting professional help."<BR>"The reason I didn't take steps was to spare your feelings."<BR>"I don't care what you think or what you 'discovered'."<BR>"I will always care about you."<p>[This message has been edited by Patient (edited May 18, 1999).]

M
M
How about:<P>"I was so stupid. Can you forgive me?"<BR>"I don't deserve your love, but I will spend a lifetime making it up to you."<BR>"Thank you for sticking beside me thru all this."

Y
Y
More lines:<P>1) "It's like it wasn't ME doing it."<P>2) "He made me feel sexy and desirable."<P>3) "You didn't pay attention to me."<P>Ouch. All of these lines feel like little knives poking into my chest!!<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<BR>

K
Ken Offline
K
How about:<P>"You always loved me more than I loved you anyway"<BR>"I don't want your family to hate me."<BR>"Your a nice guy, but"<BR>"I didn't want to hurt you", but did anyway<BR> <P>Maya,<BR>I liked yours. Lest we not forget theose who do put effort back into the marriage. <BR>Maya, has a good grip on what's important to her and her husband.<BR>Hopefully someday many of us here can join the state you are in. Keep going Maya.

Y
Y
the absolute worst:<P>H:"i don't love you any more and am not sure i ever did"<BR>ME:"then why did YOU ask me to marry you and why did we get married?!"<BR>H:"i wish we never would have"<P>double ouch.... i doubt that i will ever forget these words coming out of his mouth. i can still see them spilling out of his mouth.

Y
Y
he told her<BR>"if it feels so right, how can it be wrong" (YUCK)<P>he told me before i found out<BR>"i love her like a good friend. like a little sister" (she's 18 years younger)<P>he told me after i found out the first time<BR>"i made a mistake. i forgave you, why can't you forgive me" (well DUH, you didn't forgive me or we wouldn't be in this mess)<P>he told me after the second time<BR>"i didn't want to hurt you anymore" (he was still seeing her after they 'broke' up and not telling me)<P>AND MY MOST UNFAVORITE<BR>"She will always be SPECIAL to me"<P>but i admit i have heard good stuff lately...<BR>"it was wrong"<BR>"it had to end, to be fair to everyone"<BR>and my personal favorite<BR>"I love you"<P>------------------<BR>Kellie<BR>There's no place that far.<BR>

N
N
More Quotes<P>'I didn't tell you because I wanted to protect you'.<BR>She's just a friend - often heard!!<BR>I can't give her up as a friend.<BR>She was there for me.<BR>There will always be a chemistry between us.<BR>I was just smitten.<BR>I don't see or talk to her anymore - lies!!<BR>I married you because it was the next thing to do.<BR>I had no-one else to talk to.<BR>I could confide in her.<BR>We had similar backgrounds/similarities.<BR>She had qualities I liked in her that I wanted in you.<BR>She gave me her phone number just to talk as 'friends'. Yeah right.....<P>After a one-night stand.<P>It was just sex.<BR>I couldn't get away quick enough.<BR>(he shouldn't have been there in the first place).<BR>I told her it was just sex and that I was married. (Then why do it).<BR>Oh, I forgot to use a condom!<BR>She was easy (and he was easier).<BR>She tortured me in work by teasing me (he must have been doing it to).<P><BR>CUDDLES<P>CUDDLES

P
P
And how's this one:<P>"I hope you understand."

C
cl Offline
C
I've never been sorry I married you.<BR>This will never happen again, I promise you that.<BR>What can I do to make this up to you?<BR>After a few outbursts wondering why this compulsion was 20+ yrs: <BR>It was my problem, and I had to deal with it my way.<BR>This one is a trust builder:<BR>I never knew you would be so devastated, or I would have never told you.<BR>Classic:<BR>I made sure my problem did not take time away from our family. <BR>What does my problem have to do with my family?<BR>I really don't understand why you will not trust me? I gave you my word.<P>Thanks Chris!!!

B
B
Just be patient with me.

N
N
Oh I forgot these one's.<P>H said:<P>Just deal with it.<BR>Just let it go.<BR>We can move on if you can't deal with the pass.<BR>Your just being 'paranoid'. (prior to him being found out).<P>CUDDLES<BR>

Y
Y
"It was just fun."<BR>"I was afraid if I stopped writing she would tell you about us." (It was an internet thing)<BR>"I lied because I didn't want to hurt your feelings."<BR>"I was just practicing my counseling techniques with her." (in grad school for guidance counseling)<BR>"I can't think of one thing I don't like about her."<BR>"I didn't think she was pretty at all."<BR>"Yes, she was prettier than you and had a better body than you."<P>If I go on I'll just get angry, and I don't want to do that.

C
cl Offline
C
Kris: thanks for the laughs. It may be a little sick, but in grad school for guidance counseling??? The irony is great. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I sure hope he uses this personal experience to guide people the other way!

F
F
She's 180 degrees from this today. MIL is still the same. Some are funny but most were heartbreaking.<BR>I feel as if I'm on a Journey.<BR>You are a destroyer.<BR>We're still young enough to find other people.<BR>People should not be forced to spend the rest of their life together.<BR>Me: "I love You." W: "No you lust me".<BR>If its' meant to be, it will happen.<BR>Listen to your inner voice.<BR>No wonder I fell in love with someone else.<BR>It was too late, by then I had already made up my mind.<BR>I'm tired of your verbal language.<BR>Your not hoping that we'll get back together.<BR>You can't tell me who to have sex with.<BR>It's not a big deal, People get divorced all the time.<BR>The kids will actually be happier.<BR>You can't divorce me, I won't sign the papers.<BR>I'm getting back at him by not talking to him.<BR>OM " when your feeling down, just think of me."<BR>OM " He's playing some kind of Psyco game with you".<P>Me: Six months to get the divorce! I can't wait that long! <P><BR>[This message has been edited by fighter (edited May 18, 1999).]<p>[This message has been edited by fighter (edited May 21, 1999).]

R
R
How about ...<P>"I need a CAT scan because part of my brain must have been missing and NOW I think it's finally growing back..."<P>This is how I feel today.<P>------------------<BR>If you're headed in the wrong direction, God allows U-turns.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 999 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation