Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
My ex seems alot like her old self again, like the fog has maybe finally lifted. We rarely talk, but when we do it seems like old times. Our DV was final in Jan and its been almost 2 years since DDay. Her affair fell apart a few months ago. I have not talked to her about us at all. I don't know if I should, but I think about it all the time. I have no clue as to what she feels towards me, if anything at all. I've been on a couple of dates since our DV, but I haven't found anyone very compatible with me. I think its because I compare everyone to ex W and they just don't stack up. Anyway, was wondering if any of you have gotten back together after a DV and who made the first steps toward reconciliation...

BS(ME) 38
WW 36
D's 16 & 13
MARRIED 17YRS
D-DAY 3JUL03
WW moved in with OM 16JUL03
Plan B SEP03
WW moved back home 20DEC03
WW moved back in with OM 31DEC03
Plan A/B? 1JAN04
DV 17DEC04
N
N
Well, we never did get D, came within 2 weeks of the court date. She never stopped contacting me during our separation as I had done a complete 180 after Plan A--problem is I did not expose the A early enough.

I also never stopped thinking of her or our M. I really was not unhappy but I did not see alot of writing on the wall and apparently how unhappy she was for a few years.

Once we filed, I focused on myself and ignored her. I know the 180 had a big impact and feel this is what led her to miss me and continue to contact me. I, however, was done, or so I thought, and then the holidays approached. I began to find my faith again and opened myself up to God and asked for His forgiveness for myself and my errors and misgivings and left it up to Him to save this M. I prayed to Him to show us the way out of this mess.

So, here we are, moving forward in our new life together. I did take me to break the ice initially, although she cancelled the mediation session and ultimately the D.

I don't what to say except focus on yourself. Your are D at least on paper. I think if it ever happens for me I will have NC with her and move forward the best I can.

Best of luck to you.

Nature

Me-BS, 41/She-WS, 37. 9 Month A. D-Day: 10/11/03. Biggest Mistake: Did not expose quick enough. Exposed A 5/13/04, filed for D 6/14/04. WS canceled D 12/21/04. Been to ****** and Back. Now know I will be in Heaven after this Life.
R
R
JMVHO. You should start making initial move, ask her out more often and go from there. Hopeful_Person could give you insight from your wife's PoV (point of view)

-rh-

Give your absolute best such that you could look back 10 years from now w/ no regret.

Happily Married to Lady Elina - 04/29/06
G
G
LWH, a large percentage of divorced couples wind up together again.

For me, personally... fat chance.

GC

E
E
i know there are people here who have remarried thier x after a divorce

now that his affair has ended, you and your H might have your chance at reconciliation

E
E
Send me on my way
--------------------
Me BS - 41
FWW- 40
EA for 4 years with fellow employee
became PA in Jan 04 - I knew of this one.
Seperated/ Divorced July 03
2 sons 12 & 10
D Day -6/26/04- PA in 1998 for about 1 year- I had NO idea.
recovery and reconciliation began 6/27/04

[color:"blue"]Remarried 2/18/06 [/color]

My story?? Click below.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/sho...;page=1#2925202

S
S
That's me...first one to make move?? Me....just after D was filed with county clerk....

Me: "Doors always open"...

I treated her like I treated all people....nicely..that was it...after a plan B type of relationship..

However....I did not know of an affair that had resulted in her demands for divorce years prior. There was a lot I was unaware of. However....read the story....grab a snack..it's long.... and ask away!!

Me BS - 44
FWW- 42
EA for 4 years with fellow employee
became PA in Jan 04 - I knew of this one.
Seperated/ Divorced July 03
2 sons 14 & 12
D Day -6/26/04- PA in 1998 for about 1 year- I had NO idea.
recovery and reconciliation began 6/27/04

Remarried 2/18/06

My story?? Click below.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=129980&Number=1575914

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (3 invisible), 281 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation