Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
T
Mschuter:

For what its worth, it takes a few month for the WS to go thru the initial Withdrawal. The reconnection back with the BS takes much longer and it is a painful uneasy experience. Much doubt will remain with both of you. The kids and the family itself is the main reason to play it out and see if the bond can be rekindled.

It took me, the BS, to feel more comfortable with our marriage about 18 months after DD. I think up and till then, I would give and receive mixed messages casting doubt about Recovery even being possible.

I had the need to discuss, discuss, and rediscuss the things my WS did, where they went, and I needed to know on a frequent basis if she was thinking of him and how was she feeling, etc. She complained to our MC about it. The MC explained that I needed to work this out inside and my wife was the only one who could help me with my questions. The MC set some rules for us by having my wife give me 10 minutes per day to discuss my feelings and for her to answer my repetitive questions. This way it didn't keep the affair talk ongoing throughout the day. That worked for us and after awhile, you simply don't have anything else to say about the affair. Every once in the while we talk about the past but it is more matter of fact talk with no emotion to it.

Your wife being home means she wants to be with the kids and family or she wouldn't be there. (Blackmail feelings or not) Accept that as a committment in itself. The relationship will rebuild in time bringing back the comforts of the past. You just have a long way to go but you both have started.

You might feel like the dog who finally caught the car, now that you got it, what do you do with it!

Early on in Recovery, I changed my name to TooSoonToBeComfortable because of the uncertainty of Recovery.

Be patient and take life one day at a time.

TooSoon

Married 20 yrs at time of affair DD: 1/16/04 NC: Since 4/14/04 FWW: Workplace EA for 8+ months. MC: For Awhile Recovery Begins When All Contact Ends. Progress: Doing very well.
M
OP Offline
M
Thats whats so funny, All the symptoms you talk about do not exist in my world. I have NO Doubts that Cindy is done with the OM and I have NO Doubts she wants to make this M work and to build it into a better M.

I can also say that I have the strength to move on should she go back to her old way's. Life is to damn short to have any spouse hold us back because of the errors they have made.

Michael~~
BS - 37
ww - 35
Married 12 years
S-6 , S-11, D-13
Start Of A 6/04 -- EA/AP 2 x's SF
D-Day 7/04
Affair Ended - 01/11/05
2nd time ended 02/09/05
T
T
Sounds like you will do just fine and you are strong into Recovery. Let us know how it goes.

TooSoon

Married 20 yrs at time of affair DD: 1/16/04 NC: Since 4/14/04 FWW: Workplace EA for 8+ months. MC: For Awhile Recovery Begins When All Contact Ends. Progress: Doing very well.
F
F
bump up

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 118 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation