Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1393217 05/26/05 06:15 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Sorry that I haven't been on recently. Been really busy. Tigger was asking for updates so thought I'd share w/you all. Brad and I are still doing wonderfully. We are in IC/MC every week and things seem to get easier/better every day. Our communication with each other is the best it's ever been. We're open, we're honest, and we're understanding. We both realize we still have a long road ahead (and we do hit bumps every now and then) but we're both willing to make that trip. ALL C with XOW has ceased, even C regarding what to do about OC. We still haven't made a final decision on what to do about OC. We're still weighing our options. I wish I could discuss more in detail but XOW lurks here and my life and my husband's life and our lives together are now no longer HER business. Hope everyone is doing good. Again, sorry I haven't been around much but I'll try to do better!

M 13 years, together 17
BW-31 (me), WH-33
S-15, S-12, D-born 8/1/04
OC (boy) born 8/25/04
D-Day 8/31/03, 3/1/05
A started 12/02, ended 3/16/05
XOW is married also, we were ALL best friends, were being key word!
T
T
Thanks for the update! I hate trying to read on other boards, such as the Dr. Phil site. As other's here have said, you just don't fully realize until you've lived through an A, and rebuilt, especially with the MB principles. I'm glad that things are getting better each day. As for the xow lurking, well, she will just have to realize that Brad has made his choice, and she will just have to live with it. I fully understand not wishing to be too open on the open board. Enjoy your time recommiting to each other, and look forward to hearing more on another successful recovery!

Love,

Tigger

Tigger
me~BS & WS~38~~h~BS & WS~37 my d-days~7/92, 1/96, 7/00, 9/07
h's d-days~7/11/00 & 2 weeks later 3 COM, 1 OC(mine)
M
OP Offline
M
Tigger, thanks for being a supporter! The Dr Phil site really gets us down so we're trying to steer clear of it. There are some supporters on there but the majority are just harsh and cruel (except, of course, the ones bashing OW!!)

M 13 years, together 17
BW-31 (me), WH-33
S-15, S-12, D-born 8/1/04
OC (boy) born 8/25/04
D-Day 8/31/03, 3/1/05
A started 12/02, ended 3/16/05
XOW is married also, we were ALL best friends, were being key word!
G
G
Michele,
You guys are way early into this thing.

I saw Dr. Phil.
I wholeheartedly disagree w/him wanting oc to get to know bio-dad. Firmly disagree.

Unless you can put oc/ow behind you and Brad you will never again have private peace and sanity.

No disrespect to those fostering ideas of life-long contact. To do so invites the unwanted forever into your lives. Period.

My husband and I went through he** and back, counseled with Steve Harley 3 years into it, came out smelling like a rose.

The problem Michele is the $. Ow with $ will seek revenge through more cs hearings in the future.

Be prepared w/a plan.

You and Brad will be ok if Brad owns up to his problems......and you will know if he's lying or not because you have been his closest woman all along. He never left his home for another. The baby confused him. He will soon see the baby isn't the absoloute being in the scheme of things....YOU are~ YOU are~

Babies grow up and become like us! EEEEKKKK!!! but they do~

We are all ok and you will be too Michele.

I'm pulling for you and Brad as he may have finally seen the light~ It's you.

Mat God bless you both for trying in a seemingly impossible circumstance!

Hey girl, we did it and it's worth it to keep it togethere...friends will marvel at your 25th anniversary and your kids will be honored too....and we just passed 31!!!!

Continued prayers,
Debi

ps...go to private forum....love to see you two there.

Married 3-02-74
D-day 11-13-00
Recovered very well now~
N/C
Me and H both 55
1 beautiful granddaughter, a wonderful son, and daughter-in-law...(like a daughter~)

God answers all prayers in His own way...in His own time.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation