Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13953 09/24/99 10:26 PM
L
OP Offline
L
lately, i've been grossed out by the thought of having sex with H...he's "tainted" i think, so it was funny, i had this dream that OW was at my front door, and i told them to kiss godbye and get it over with, but it was like one of those "big red" gum kisses, and i finally hauled H inside and slammed the door, marched him to the bathroom and gave him a big bottle of scope to "get rid of her".<BR>maybe i should ceremonially scrub him raw, so she'll be gone for good. anybody know where i can get some lye?<BR>other than that, recovery seems to be steady..i just wanted to share [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, till death do us part.<P><BR>

T
T
LOL This reminds me of the time my first husband turned 21. (We were married very young, huh?).<P>This slightly obese (yeah right - slightly) pig that worked with him came to our apartment and got drunk. H did too. I had to pull, I mean pull his legs - off of this pig, and I felt like he needed a bath afterwards with lye too! <P>Yuck.

S
S
After my H gave me trich, I often thought I would like to scrub his d*** with alcohol and a wire brush. But, lye sounds even better!

L
L
what a wild dream!<P>btw, I'm assuming your little one hasn't been born yet! Not much longer, now. How will you let us know? Should we assume you've had it (a girl?) if we don't hear from you for awhile??<P>I read your post about having an empty lovebank. I'm experiencing that alot lately! When I look back on this past year, I can see I was "running on empty" most of the time. There are many days that I have no feelings for my H. Just nothing. But it sure is nice to have someone around to change a diaper occasionally. It's GOT to get better!!<P>I'm glad that things are going well - keyword GOING. That seems to be the most important thing, that things are progressing.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Lizbeth

L
OP Offline
L
hey..no baby yet! H is going crazy about it, too...making me stay on the couch all the time, feeding me gobs of junk food, renting me movies, freaking out if i don't answer the phone for a half hour...<BR>the 2yo knows something is up, as he is in rare terrible 2 form--wont't even listen to daddy (this weekend was almost the first weekend EVER that H was home the whole time. if i were 2, i'd wonder what was up, too!)<BR>lizbeth, i was really thinking about you when i did the 'empty lovebank' post, i think we are going through the same stuff.<BR>i have 2 very different feelings about H: 1.i hate you, i can't wait till i can get out and 2. i love you more than i ever have, lets be the happy newlyweds we used to be. <BR>i don't outwardly express either view, but he is really picking up on the first one, and i tend to flip-flop. it's confusing, but at least the lovebusters have really decreased...so we'll see what settles out. like you said, it is nice to have someone around to help with diaper duty.<BR>i found that the lady half a block away does daycare, so i can drop off the 2 yo a couple hours a day. it is a major stress reliever, and i will get time to bond with and sleep with the new baby (still due 10-8). phew.<BR>anyway, things are just chugging along...<BR>i'll keep y'all posted on baby news,<BR>julie<P>------------------<BR>for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, till death do us part.<P><BR>

L
L
Julie, sounds like you're enjoying the end of your pregnancy. I'm glad that your H is so concerned about you and your baby.<P>It's funny isn't it, that we're going through similar stuff right now. I was thinking that it makes sense, because our H's moved home around the same time. I had actually posted about MY empty lovebank a few days or a week before yours. I'd say you hit the nail on the head with your description about how you're feeling. I totally feel like a freak! Sometimes I wish he would drop dead, and other times I want to be married to him forever. I wonder if there is a timeline for how long you would typically feel this way during recovery. I suppose it depends on your spouse's behavior - it could last forever if they don't actually work on recovery with you (yuck!).<P>I'm doing every thing I can can to avoid lovebusting, but I keep slipping up. My H gets started and I can't seem to control myself! I'm getting better, though. He actually apologized for lovebusting yesterday. I finally finished my d*** emotional needs questionnaire!! Yeah! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] We have an appt with Steve Harley this fri and my H is finding himself a psychiatrist. Things WILL get better.<P>My baby will be 6 months old Oct 6. She's growing up too fast! I'm totally loving having a baby in the house. She's so soft and cuddly. She smiles a lot and has just started "talking." She has the cutest fuzzy red hair, and laughs at her sister when they play. She gets excited when I get ready to nurse her, and grabs my breast while she's nursing when she's really hungry. She's very easy-going, only occasionally yells (instead of crying) when she needs something. I think you're going to enjoy your baby. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
your kids will make it all O.K. how do i know? because the loss of them in a break up of any kind can be unbearable, even the thinking about being without can make men and woman step back in line. peace to you, and I know you will have a blessed child, your true emotions will return, give it some time

L
OP Offline
L
yeah, lizbeth, aren't babies great? my "baby feeding mechanism" is ready for action, that's for sure...it seems like she must be here already. LETDOWN!<BR>the mixed emotions toward H continue, but at least i don't need my antideps now that he's home, and he sneaks into my room in the middle of the night to cuddle, now (i totally lovebusted by reminding him that i will be "out of commission" for 6 weeks, and does he have alternate plans?. ouch.).<BR>mr. ed, you're right, about kids keeping people in line, so to speak. H "lost" his older daughter in a divorce, and dreads it happening again, esp. since he is really crazy about our son. he is so sweet when i call him at work, and he spoils me rotten on the weekends.<BR>i think the tide is turning more toward love than hate for him, though i have my moments...<BR>oh well, hanging in there, 8 days to go...<BR>

C
C
Hand him a tube of KY & tell him, “here’s your alternate plans honey!” LOL<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html</A> <BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 473 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation