Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Anyone know of a good messageboard for Alcoholism and/or the Families of Alcoholics?

There are so many websites out there to sort thru.

If someone knows of one that is as well-done and busy as our MB board, I would really appreciate it if you'd post the website address or the site name.

Thank You!
Shelle

BS/44
DS/19
D-day: 4/25/02
Separated: 10/23/05
Filed for D: 2/23/06
D Finalized: 11/20/06
N
N
Alanon is likely your best source, although I don't know if they have discussion boards.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
T
T
I tried an alanon chat room once but it was very confusing. Everyone posting at once. It was not set up like this.

I also would like to know about this type of message board, too, if anyone has this info

TW

D-day 4/01 for WH ( who also abuses alcohol). Married 34 years. Separated 9/01. WS moved back 5/02 to work on M but unwilling to let OW go. I moved out of our home (which I waited 25 yrs for) on 11/02. Legally separated, trying to make the decision to divorce now. OW is gone and WH sees all as a huge mistake but still drinking.
L
L
I know an alcoholism/addiction board has been suggested and rejected here before. I think it would be helpful since many of the issues of dealing with an addict are similar to dealing with someone in the fog of an A.

But, addiction/alcoholism seriously limits any hope of recovery, in most cases. I don't know if it's just that because my STBXWH is an alcoholic/addict, I'm more aware of other people dealing with A's complicated by substance abuse, but it certainly seems like a lot of us end up here on the D/D board.

I go to Al-Anon to deal with those issues, and here to deal with the infidelity issues. It would be nice to have a place to deal with the added impact of both occurring together.

I don't know another site to recommend. I've visited some, too, but wasn't comfortable with any.

FBS, D'day 12/00 * NC since 5/02 * divorce final 5/06 * property settlement 9/06 What you can do or think you can do, begin it. For boldness has Magic, Power, and Genius in it. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
C
C
Shellebelle,

I know of a very good message board for Alcoholics. It is called Alocoholics Anonymous Newcomers. But it is on another site and as I am new to this site I dont know if it is acceptable to give you the link here. If my email shows up on my profile please feel free to e mail me and will be more than happy to give you the full link. I know how good this group is because I am a member there even though I have slipped back into the bottle lately.

Cathy_G

looking for help and peace
N
N
{{{Cathy_G}}} ,
I hope you'll work through AA and get back from your slip up. I'm sure you know you are worth a sober life, as our those you love.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
T
T
The are also some celebraterecovery groups on yahoo. Celebraterecovery is a christian based reovcery group for many types of addictions.

And Cathy_G I also hope you are able retreat back from your slip.

Art Romans 7:24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin. Married to my beautiful and gracious wife 26 years 1 son 1 daughter both grown In SA recovery since July 2003 Christian faith
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you all for your input and suggestions!

CathyG -
I think I have found the board you mentioned, but I did not see an area for families of alcoholics - is there one? I will review it further - I am sure it will be of help either way.

I hope that you are soon able to get back on track -
a short slip is understandable in this battle. Good luck.

Art -
Thanks for pointing out the other board - I will check that one out as well.

Take Care,
Shelle

BS/44
DS/19
D-day: 4/25/02
Separated: 10/23/05
Filed for D: 2/23/06
D Finalized: 11/20/06

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation