Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mab06 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
At work this year, I developed a closer than normal relationship with a fellow co-worker. We are good friends now and he is a great guy. We spend time together on a weekly basis, going out, talking, lunch etc... Since we started hanging out more and more, he came onto me one day in April and kissed me...immediately, I backed off and reminded him that he was acting out of character...he is engaged and the two of us are such good friends. He thought about what I said...and later tried again. I kissed him back that time. I don't know why I did...but then I slept with him....a few times since then and now I am thinking about it. I met his fiancee last month who thinks he is this perfect guy and is so in love with him. And he is!!! He is a great guy. She is really nice, and I like her as a person. She is the complete opposite of me...reserved and innocent. Me , I am the outgoing, social butterfly. I have gone out with them both together, and I feel so guilty inside. Here I am sleeping with her soon to be husband..he donesn't seem to care and I lose my conscience each time. What is wrong with me? With him? with everything? THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED NEXT WEEK!!! and last weekend, again we slept together. I don't do it because I am afraid of losing our friendship. If I say "no" when the moments happen, I know that he would still be my good friend...my problem is that I can't say no to him because a part of me just wants some spontaneous no strings attached lust. I am never the one to make the move, or initiate anything....cheating has always been so wrong in my book. I know if she found out she would be devestated....why do I keep on making the same immoral error again and again?? He invited me to his bachelor party and is beggin me to go because I am one of his good friends and close to all his other guy friends as well...I told him no, that it just wasn't right. Why does he keep on wanting to continue this when he is about to say I do?? What should I do?

L
L
he is a great guy. He is a great guy.

Actions speak louder than words, his actions don't portray him as a great guy. Rather they portray him as quite the opposit.

I can't say no to him because a part of me just wants some spontaneous no strings attached lust.

Try saying this "NO"...NO...NO... See you can say it.

cheating has always been so wrong in my book.

Then stop doing it.

I know if she found out she would be devestated...

If she's marrying him in a week, she needs to know TODAY.

why do I keep on making the same immoral error again and again??

Is this something you do often?

Why does he keep on wanting to continue this when he is about to say I do??

Two words BOOTY CALL... He's a cake-eater. He has his sweet innocent stb-wife and you.

What should I do?

In my opinion, you call his fiance and spill the beans. Call him and tell him not to contact you anymore. And for yourself, get into counseling to find out why you are doing this......

Hugz, Thoughtz, & Prayerz

Bill
W
WOE Offline
W
Will you be accompaning them on the honeymoon?

WOE

(F)WS - 46
BH - 46
S21,D19,D15
d-day 2-28-02
ONS-continuing contact

S
S
You are a shallow and selfish person who doesn’t give a sh*t about who you hurt in order to satisfy your disgusting pleasures. You have no idea what kind of pain you are causing. You have sold your soul to the devil and will pay for it dearly someday. Hang your head in shame and recognize yourself as the scum that you are.

STOP DOING THIS NOW and maybe there will be hope for you as at least a subhuman sometime in the future.

K
K
Ok, I'm not going to be as hard on you as others have, but you obviously do not have your priorities straight. You see, having morals is a choice, when opportunities present themselves however wonderful they may seem, morals should dictate that you make a different choice. Why are you doing it? Because you are throwing aside your own morals, your friend's marital happiness (not to mention his partners), and instead are putting sexual pleasure at the front of the line. You are not doing the right thing for you, for him , and definitely not for his fiance'. Yes, you should call her and tell her because she is making a huge mistake in marrying him. If it wasn't you he slept with, it probably would have been someone else along the line somewhere. And, how do you figure he is a good guy? A good guy would not have chosen this path.

W
W
The guy seems like pond scum to me.
He doesnt give a rats about the unsuspecting woman he is about to enslave - neither do you.

get a grip, get a life and stand up.
Become a person, not just another if-it-feels-good-it-must-be-right parasite.

YOU KNOW WHAT THE RIGHT THING IS - SO DO IT.

good luck (developing a conscience is the hardest thing in the world for so many people these days)

N
nmt Offline
N
Hi,
I just read your post and I am so sad. I just found out last month after my honeymoon that my now husband has been having an affair with a coworker since January. I left as soon as I found out and have been trying to pick up the pieces ever since. I wish someone would've told me before the wedding. Now I have to live with the memory of the wedding day and the honeymoon - where he acted like an [censored] because he was away from his lover! Please find the courage to tell his fiancee. She deserves better.

J
J
what kind of person are you. do you think this is funny well its not a piece of [censored] is a piece of [censored] so why dont you get it from someone who isnt about to be married do you enjoy causing pain because what you are doing will cause more pain than you can imagine and i hope that some day down the road someone doesnt do to you what you did to your so called friend. remember the golden rule this will probally come back to haunt you and when you are in the most terrible pain i hope you remember this and learn

C
C
You should IMMEDIATELY inform his finance BEFORE THEY GET MARRIED!

Apologize to her and let her know you have already ended ANY and ALL contact with him.

Just tell her you messed up and you're sorry. Do NOT try to explain/rationalize/justify it. Answer her questions if she asks, but your relationship with this guy is ended/destroyed forever..

Prayers & God Bless!
Chris
K
kdh Offline
K
You sound like my ww and her babble regarding om. stop being a coward and do what's right. you can get your selfish desires met by a another selfish single person. There are plenty of them available in this decaying society.

D
D
I would not want you as my friend. what a terrible thing for the both of you to do to her. If you leave his life she will be suspicious but if you stay you will be a hinderance in his relationship with this woman. Either leave the scene or tell her before they get married please.

M
M
Are you a man or a woman?

If you are a woman, you should definitely quit sleeping with him and tell his fiancee about the cheating so she can make an educated decision about marrying him, leaving him, or holding off on the wedding.

IF YOU ARE A MAN, THIS GOES DOUBLE.

Just wondered because why is he inviting you to his bachelor party? I thought these horrible events were men-only.

BW 43 me
FWH 39
M 1992; DD 18. 13
OC 8-05 - no contact
In recovery 8 years

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation