Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
OP Offline
C
Just kinda curious if you are still wearing your wdding ring.<P>I am.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html</A> <BR>

L
L
I am too since I don't want to attract unwelcome attention right now. Plus the fact that I am still married regardless of what my H is doing.

P
P
I am!!<P>------------------<BR>God Bless,<BR>Rob<P><BR>

S
S
Nope!!!!<P>Took them off the first time he actually admitted what he had been doing.<P>That wasn't the reason, though.....<P>He said that he didn't feel like we were "one" and that he didn't really care!!!<P>Took them off, put 'em on a chain he had given me, intertwined them with a crucifix and hung them on the dresser mirror. <P>Told him that when we were "one" again we could close the gap permanently with reblessing the rings and both of us putting them back on.<P>There still hanging!!!!<P>Hugs,<P>Sheba

S
SDS Offline
S
I haven't because my rings meant so much to me and I had felt that there was no longer any meaning behind them. However I have been thinking about putting them back on since I am still married and want to remain married.<P>------------------<BR>di<BR>

S
S
I'm not. We had outgrown our original matching bands, so we gave them to our son and his wife when they married. They're divorced now, and I had asked my son to get my ring back again, but now I don't want it.<P>I have a CZ and a plain band. H got me the 1 carat CZ about 15-20 years ago for Christmas (tried to pretend it was a diamond--HA!) I bought the band to go with it myself.<P>Anyway, I'm not wearing any rings on my left ring finger now. I sometimes put my diamond cluster dinner ring (H gave me money for Christmas a couple of years ago, and I added more money to it to get this ring.) on that hand, but not often. H did get me a birthstone ring for my birthday [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com], so I'm wearing that as a pinkie ring on my right hand.<P>Nope, I have and will always honor my marriage vows, but I don't feel like I'm still married. H broke his vows to me, so he needs to be able to recommit to me before I will wear any wedding rings again, and I will never wear the old ones again.<P>

N
N
at one time in this mess we took them off... they're back on now though! <P>------------------<BR>Marriage: the most important contract you'll ever enter into, and the most sacred.<BR>

D
D
I took the rings off a year ago. Husband took his off immediately upon separation. I felt like wearing them was a lie, like we were still together. Initially, a big part of my healing was telling people that we were apart. I guess I was ashamed back then.

E
E
I took mine off for about week when my W first left me. I didn't "put it away" though, I put it on a necklace I wear. During that time I was seeing a counselor, and after finally realizing that I did love my W and wanted our marriage to work, I put it back on. It's been there since.<P>My W took hers off almost immediately after leaving me. It took her 6 months before she put them back on.<P>I've been thinking a lot about new rings. Just have to find the money first.<P>God Bless<p>[This message has been edited by Empty Shell (edited September 27, 1999).]

Y
Y
Nope, I took them off at discovery and just haven't been able to put them back on. H never wore one anyway. We are doing well and he is still very remorseful, but I can't make myself put them back on yet. (Plus, I lost so much weight, I think they would fall off)

L
L
Nope, but I very much want to put it back on!!<P>My H took his off last Dec and "lost" it. I found it in May, and left mine on my dresser as I packed up the kids and left him. Now we're back together, and my H has told me his ready to wear his ring again. I want to have them blessed again. It feels fake just putting it back on.

W
W
I will continue to wear mine 24/7 until the judge raps the gavel on a divorce decree (not in the works yet). If nothing else, it reminds me of what this whole business is all about. My W wears hers (wedding and engagement)when she goes out. Usually. That's how I can tell exactly how mad she is at me and how close she is to leaving. Mad and close to leaving, the rings are left hanging on the dinkus of the little Greek statue in our bathroom. Not so mad and not so close, not on his dinkus. I used to remove mine when I got really really mad about something, but I caught so much crap for that that I stopped doing it.<P>--Wex

Y
Y
No, I took mine off when she replaced her's with a ring from OM. She only wears "his" jewelry now.

W
W
awoken - My W wears my jewelry AND his jewelry and that about describes the whole situation. She wants to have her marriage AND keep her affair. It used to really burn me that she would wear his stuff when she would go out with ME (her not admitting it's his, but I know it is). Now I've actually kind of gotten used to it, I guess. As long as she wears mine too!<P>--Wex

Y
Y
I took mine off the night of discovery. Before she dropped the bomb on me that night, I noticed she wasn't wearing hers.<P>About a month ago I tried to wear mine again because I still do want to work things out. However, it didn't feel "right" as it was a constant reminder of the pain she inflicted. I took it off in about two minutes.<P>Last week, my SIL told me that my W returned to her home to pick up her ring. The next day, I noticed a deposit into W's account for $3200. I got a sick feeling that she pawned her ring (for about 50 cents on the appraised dollar value) to pay for OM's furniture. What a kick in the balls...

B
B
Way back last October (yikes, has it been nearly a year?) just prior to and during full disclosure, H almost lost his ring in the shower at the gym. It slid down his finger, he bobbled it, juggled it, and it stayed on his hand. He took that as a sign that he should stay with me.<P>A couple months later, in the middle of our rocky reconciliation, we were swimming laps at the pool and he thought he lost it again. We looked and looked; even got the lifeguard to look in the pool filter (yuck), but no ring. We figured it was gone. (And with it, irrationally, I thought our marriage... after all, if not losing the ring meant he'd stay, what would losing it mean?)<P>Any way, 2 weeks later I moved the laundry hamper and lo and behold, the ring was behind it.<P>Unfortunately, he does not wear it. He is still at home with me but is not fully re-committed. But he is here. And shows me his love.<P>I, on the other hand, still wear my ring. I have a single ring set with family (his family) jewels that is both my engagement and wedding ring. I've had it off for a month during the past year (we went to a spa and had mud baths and massages and I was too lazy to put it back on - duh... real reason, I wanted him to know that I could take mine off too!)<P>So, I have mine on, he has his off. Don't know if I really care about his ring or not. Just glad he is still here with me.<P>------------------<BR>RobinAnn<P>*********<P>Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape!

F
F
in all the 26yrs. we were married, i never wore a ring. when i decided i wanted to put my marriage back together after an affair, i agreed to wear a new wedding ring. i felt like i was wearing a red flag at first but now i don't notice it. i think it reassures my w..

L
Lu Offline
L
Hi Chris,<BR> You always come up with some good posts!!! Anyway, I wore it through the whole long mess (we're still together) but since I lost weight it keeps wanting to fall off....I hope that's not a sign! Lu

E
E
After first discovery, took mine off after about a month when it appeared that he would not end it. Put it back on when he dumped her and recommitted.<P>Funny thing about last time. My center stone was loosening but I continued to where it (sign?). After discovery, we both took them off in the heat of an argument. He put his back on about 2 weeks later. I didn't wear mine for over a year. Seemed like the center stone loosened even more during that time. He kept asking when I was going to put it back on. After awhile, I did get used to not wearing it, but still did not feel "right" about putting it on again. One day, he went and had stone tightened and asked me to wear again.

A
A
I hadn't worn a band for years, neither did H, because we had both gained weight. But I did wear an anniversary ring when we wnet out. After I found out I wore it every day as a reminder to him. Several months ago I took it off and was still wearing my plain band on a chain with my cross. Eventually that came off too. My hand feels so naked and I find myself touching my ring finger alot.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation