Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Jeeping Offline OP
OP Offline
J
OK,

Yes I understand that I have to follow a formal PLan B , thank you for the link.

It looks like her work , may be settled. It seems the only reason OM has been allowed to keep his employment was becuase of the W . The W got the job for the OM, but he has ben unable to hold it. I talked with the owners husband of the W work. He is the money behind the business. I did't really say much , he said enough for the both of us. He was letting the OM go( Fireed) for reasons he did'nt share , but I think it is do to some conflict of interset at the new salon. Maybe the OM drinking problem , i don't know.I have followed up with the owner , now several times becuase , My company is going to out fit his new salon with computer gear.

I think it is just priceless , that I will be in her work ,without the W inviting me. I am not sure at this point that exposure is necassry. The W has already expressed concern of me talking to the owner. So I may keep it for a card to play if I have to.

The LOVE BUSTER , seesm to be the most difficult for me to take right now. I feel horrible , while it seems to effect the W only marginaly. Though the vile spew that comes from her mouth is just astounding.

My folks plan some kind of bumrush , confrontation. I don't have the details yet. BUt they feel as I do , that she is out of her right mind. They are more than willing help and bust her [censored]. Their intervention will go a long way to help her se my point.My MOther has always liked my W and was very upset to hear the news. My mother is going on the offensive.

To date we still have not heard from the W parents.

Thanks again for all of your advice , and sticking in there with me.

Thank you

ME: 42
WW: 52
DD : 22
DS: 21
WW filed D: 8/20/09
Together 25 Years
H
H
I am sorry to say this but I would say yes just because I am the one doing the samething in my relationship. I love my husband dearly but he does not give me everything I need & is unwilling to do so. Emotional needs, attention, sex. We are great at the friend thing but thats about it. The more you are on her about him the more you are pushing her towards him. The best thing is to let her get it out of her system or leave. The only reason I am saying this is beacuse if I was to get caught it would kill me & even though I know what I am doing is horrible but it would kill me to have him hurting like that & I would drop anything & everything to work it out as long as he would put forth also. Hope this helped.

M
M
Jeep, honestly, I don't understand why you wouldn't expose her affair at work? That would cause some much needed pressure and would likely ensure that they do fire him. I think exposure is very necessary and please note that your W is very fearful of this. That means she knows it will disrupt her great set up.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Wow jeep you've come a long way. Are you sure you have no Plan A left in you? How are your kids doing?

One man's opinion: This is a full blown EA/PA with all the trimmings.

Keep after it.

BS (me) 36
FWW 32
DD 5
DS 2
D-Day & Exposure 4/3/05
D-day #2 Early June '05
In Recovery
U
UVA Offline
U
Please don't listen to Inabind. She is in deep fog and has no idea what she is talking about. She knows nothing about saving a M. In fact, she is doing everything in her power to destroy her own M. You don't want advice from a WS who is still very deep in the fog.

Inabind,

At this point, I don't think Jeeping needs your advice.

Jeeping,

Expose to her family, her work, OM's SO, and mutual friends. Do this today and tomorrow. I think you've enabled the A enough and it's time to take some serious actions to give yourself a chance of saving your M, protecting yourself and your children.

Being a wimp and pretending things are less worse than they are will not help. Come on, she tells you she's been in OM's house only once and you believe it. After she promises NC to the counselor, she calls the OM 7 times the next day. 7 times! You still believe there has been no PA? Come on, don't be so gullible anymore. You must face the facts.

And your claim that you want to keep exposure to her work as a card to play letter is just another excuse for not doing the right thing because you are a conflict avoider. Jeeping, it is best to do exposure all at once, so you don't have to revisit the same event again. Exposing at work is a powerful tool at your disposal right now and you should use it. The sooner you hasten the end of the A, the sooner you give your M a chance. Making excuses for not doing the right thing will only delay and ultimately diminish your chances of saving your M.

UVA #1458656 10/20/05 03:51 PM
J
Jeeping Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hello,

Today I feel as if there is no fight left in me.Afetr yesterdays events , i feel as if I am just going to give up or give in ,

I am sorry to all of you who have been of a great help to me over the last months.

Goodbye

ME: 42
WW: 52
DD : 22
DS: 21
WW filed D: 8/20/09
Together 25 Years
U
UVA Offline
U
Give in only after you've done all you can. Please follow some of the advices given to you before throwing in the towel. Then and only then can you say that you did all you can.

UVA #1458658 11/22/05 03:52 PM
M
M
You wrote:

She really is coming undone though. She has threatened me at least 4 or 5 times just in the last few days that she will divorce me if I try to confront the OM. SO she really doesn't see what she is saying.

This sounds to me like shes hiding something

Chelsea rules
B
B
After all would she really consider throwing away 20 years of marriage on some kid 1/2 her age?

Unfortunately the answer to that question is probably YES

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation