Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
weaver Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Two people I worked with for several years died the day before yesterday, husband and wife.

He shot her in he stomach with a 12 gauge shotgun, and then himself in the head with the hand gun customs inspectors carry.

They were both US Customs inspectors who worked at my port, and then transferred down south to another port a couple of years ago.

He was from here, she moved here and then married him several years ago.

Was there infidelity involved? I have no idea but I know that he had a HUGE problem with control. He scared me when I worked with him, as I knew he was not okay, he was very power happy with that badge.

I am so very sad for her and her family, as I really liked her. They were both pretty young with no kids but she raised dogs. She loved animals.

T
T
Very sad news. I'll keep them in my prayers

Trixie
F
F
so sorry, Weaver.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
S
Sorry, So sorry.

None of us can escape the trauma of the terrible things that happen to others in life. Or the trauma of the things that happen to us.

It's hard on us. It's sad.

I hope you are OK.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
W
weaver Offline OP
OP Offline
W
It's something you just can't get out of your head, you know?

Why did he have to shoot her in the stomach with a shotgun like that? So she could have a few minutes of terror before she died?

Everyone around here is just sick with grief, and I imagine at the port where she currently was working as well.

I think it is a good reminder to us how even on this board we have some very volatile sitch's, and who knows which one might end in a trajedy such as murder.

And others have posted stories like this, but it's just that this one is way too close to home for me.

_
_
Weaver,

I'm sorry that you had to endure the loss of a friend or co-worker in this way. We, as a society, would be well served to figure out a way of quarantining folks with "Poor impulse control". What a tragedy!

You've got enough dragging you down without having to deal with this. I know that if my wife had some connection with a situation like that, it would really break her down. I hope you can detach from it.

7 or 8 years ago, I was on a jury in a case ... where the guy shot his girlfrined, because she was "talking to another guy". He got life, without parole.

-AD

A guy, 50. Divorced in 2005.
S
S
Weaver, how incredibly tragic, how needless. I'm so sorry for you and their families.

This is one of the most disturbing examples of abuse, the sacrifice of human life for no reason, none at all. And as you mentioned, having worked with the husband, this was probably far from his first violent episode.

To imagine this poor girl living with someone like that brings a lump to my throat.

Domestic abuse rates must be climbing. Houston has had an unbelievable anti-domestic-abuse campaign push these last few weeks, with fundraisers, commercials, etc.

It's saddening that it probably took a rise in violent episodes for people to become galvanized.

So sorry, Weaves.

slh

[font:Arial Black]
JUMP!
-- and you will find out how to
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

[color:red]
G
G
Domestic violence is a terrible thing. When I was working in a job a couple of years ago a gal I worked with was almost killed by being beaten up by her live in boyfriend. She looked awful like a mag truck had hit her when she came back from work. The people at work all joined together and tried to get her some immediate help. She was moved out of the house she was living in ....was connected to the shelter and given advise to stay away from the creep. The weird thing that happened in the weeks to come was resentment towards us for helping her. A sign of a sick person. She moved back in with him within 4 weeks of the incident. Said he would not do it again. That was nuts. People in abusive conditions become very sick in that situation and do not react emotionally as they should. Often it is because of finances that they are unable to escape the abuse. Watch out for anyone who is a control freek. Who does not want you talking with anyone else, who tries to isolate you from others.

Domestic violence is an act of terror. It is not healthy and should not be tolerated. Too many end up not living to tell the end of their stories because they stayed in an unhealthy situation. If you find yourself in this scenario, seek professional help, police help and an escape plan. If the situation becomes too dangerous you can be placed in a secure shelter and moved to another state and have your identity changed to protect you and your children if need be.

S
S
Oh Weaver, I'm so sorry! It really makes me sad when I hear of stories such as this.
Was she scared of him, do you think? It is hard to live with someone so controlling.
You are in my prayers.

BW 42 WH 41 M 14 yrs ds12,dd7 PA ?? mo/yrs. Day 12/6/04, 3/20/05 and 9/2/05 "Fool me once, fool me twice, and he fooled me a third time?" I never really found out for sure...
D
D
(((WEAVER)))

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
Oh Weaver - how terrible!

I think this country has a crisis in how we handle/DON'T HANDLE those with mental illnesses.

Our health care system can't afford it!!????

I keep wondering what it's going to take before it becomes a priority.

Recently here a man who is bi-polar shot 5 people. All 5 died including 2 police officers who were sent to pick him up for a mental health evaluation. It's tragic at many levels, including the man himself, and his 80 year old mother.

He's off to a mental hospital for evaluation. He's delusional as well and apparently thought the people he shot were out to get him.

I don't know what will come of it....sorry to hear about your friends.

What give me comfort is that I see those who die so tragically, now in the arms of angels - Sarah McLahlan "Angel". "In the Arms of an Angel....May you find, some comfort here."

Last edited by CSue; 09/07/05 10:44 AM.

"The actions you speak are louder than your words!"
Author unknown

"Miracles are seen in light."
From "A Course In Miracles".

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation