Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14697 09/27/99 02:27 PM
T
OP Offline
T
My wife and I have been talking about each of us staying strong to get through this period, for ourselves and for the children. She even told me that while she still loves the OM, as well as myself, the affair is a symptom of deeper problems with herself. That's why the affair happened. She didn't go looking for it. *****latest problem*** her parents found out last week and they are creating/demanding alot from her now, such as explanations etc., which she cannot give. This is causing more stress on us which we definitely do not need now. How should I deal with them?

#14698 09/27/99 04:24 PM
E
E
tanker0076 -- Welcome to in-law hell. My W and I have had a great deal of problems with my IL's so I can truly understand your situation.<P>Without going into a great deal of details here, I would suggest that you and your W look up some of the posts from myself and my W (hopeful1771) during the last couple months. This type of situation has been a frequent topic for us, and you may find some useful information.<P>If you want any other information, please feel free to E-Mail me at MB_Empty_Shell@hotmail.com or my W at hopeful1771@hotmail.com<P>God Bless

#14699 09/27/99 04:27 PM
S
S
Hi Tanker -<P>First, let me say Welcome and I am sorry for all the trauma that you and your wife are going through....I am glad to see, however, that you are both trying to work this through TOGETHER.<P>That is fantastic!!!<P>As far as the inlaws, well - has your wife been able to tell them to back off a little?<P>If she tried and they just aren't listening then perhaps it is alright for you to speak to them and nicely help them to realize that their daughter is in a painful and confusing state and needs time and no added pressure to be able to figure things out.<P>If you can understand this than they should be able to give her some space to breath. <P>If your wife has not told them to back off or anything than she can say this or you can both say it together. Either way it MUST be said!!<P>Your wife cannot handle (and I'm sure that you can't either!) any more Pressure......it is between you two and noone else at this point!!<P>Hope this helps,<P>Hugs and Strength to you both,<P>Sheba

#14700 09/29/99 08:43 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks all for the support and comments. Her mother's controlling personality is part of the problem. She still treats my wife as though she is a "little girl" instead of a grown woman and my mother in-law is focused only on how the affair has affected her. I think she is more embarressed and fearful someone in the community might find out. Unfortuately, this is one more annoyance we have to deal with during this stressful time, but eventually, it will be ok.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 107 guests, and 154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation