Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1475249 09/17/05 11:55 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Well, I think I've really had it this time. OW called me again yesterday and yelled at me for talking to her H. The funny thing is that I haven't talked to her H in a week. When I do talk to him I tell WH right away. I think her H is telling her I'm calling when I'm not. I can't trust that guy...I'm trying to help him save his family and he tries to screw mine up.

J
J
well I would suggest using a go between someone you trust to be with the kids while he vists. He has questions about kids, vists and the such use them instead of talking to him directly. I tried just keeping to subject matter with mine but he always got ugly and I would hang up on him. So now I make arrangements for him to vist with dd2 through his mom.Or my att. which ever. I will not speak to him when he is acting like an a$$. I have been through enough with him and am totally dark here. I have not returned a pnone call or answered one since wed. If he persists then I will result to legal means.

Me BS32 WH 31
d-DAY may 30, 05
2DD ages 12&2
Headed for D fast
reside in KY
Married 4 years together 8
Go figure thinks he is a good father 4 days a month.
Left our home moved in with OW
K
K
bumping this for ML, Believer & other experienced MB's....

Trixie,

I am not terribly familiar with your story and not the person to give you advice. I have been through something of what you are describing though. OW would call my WH saying that I had called OWH when I actually had not either. That is weird. Could this be a typical OW pattern?? WH eventually believed me over OW.

OW would call WH & go on & on, saying that she wanted to call me or come see me.

How long have you been doing Plan A? Do you think you could manage it a while longer? I hope our experienced MB posters can help you with your direction.....

Take Care!

Kimberly
D-Day May 14th
DS, age 5
Married 13 years
Re-exposed last week......WH going on night 9 of sleeping in other room

D-Day May 14th, 2005
Married 16 Years
DS age 8
6 months Plan A
Plan B 10-11-05, H moved back in June 2007, Very False Recovery.
2nd Day-Day 7/7/08 Kicked WH Out.
Plan B for my sanity
"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." Robert Brault
M
M
Trixie, all communication should be handled via a designated intermediary. Try to set up firm visitation schedules - attached to your Plan B letter - so that you can limit any communication. He should not be allowed in the house. He can come pick the kids up and you can deliver to the car OR possibly deliver them to the intermediary's home and he can visit there.

Also, I wouldn't suggest DENYING that you have been in touch with the OWH. If they accuse you of this, tell them you will contact the OWH any time you see fit and WHY THE ****** NOT? Stop getting defensive about it, they are the ones who have something to be defensive about.

Tell your H to tell that sleazy ho-bag that the next time she calls you, you will get a restraining order against her. In fact, I would call the police NOW and look into it. Tell them also that she came into your house while you gone and did it with your H.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Why shouldn't WH be allowed to visit children in our home? I don't even know where my WH is staying now. I though I might have my sister come over to be here when he gets here and again before he leaves so that I won't have to see him. Didn't I read that Mortarman let his wife visit with his children while he went to another part of the house? I think I would feel better if they were at my house. What do you think, Melody?

Me - BS, 40 WH, 44 Married 16 years D-Day 1/10/05 OW, 21, married Affair started 11/04 3 children DD 8 DS 6 DS 6 Plan A & several "D-days" Asked WH to leave on 9/6/05 Plan B letter 9/16/05 WH moved home 9/30/05 NC 10/12/05 (I thought) D-day #7 01/23/06 Not sure what I'm doing now
M
M
lwar, the reason its not a good idea to let the WS in the house is because they get a home "fix." The purpose of Plan B is to show them what life would be like if they are seperated/divorced, without the family and the best way to do that is not allow them back in the house. Letting him in while you go to another part of the house defeats the purpose and just makes it easy for him. It protects him from seeing the reality of what life will be like as a divorced person. Additionally, it is a good idea to change the locks so they CAN'T come in.

And no, Mortarman did not let his W in to visit the children. She had to collect them at the door and he blocked her entrance.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
Iwar.....you should start your own thread if you have your own questions...that being said.

Having the WS in your house with you in it isn't exactly plan B.....they will bait you into talking to them, thus fulfilling needs that you're supposed to be depriving them of. If you don't feel comfortable having the WS leave with the children, then you need to find someone as an intermediary, as Mel said, someone you trust that can be there while your WS visits with the kids, and this should be a SCHEDULED thing.....he shouldn't be able to drop by unannounced to see the children, have him contact your intermediary and propose a time, the intermediary would then clear it with you when it's convenient for you both (the intermediary and you....not the WS).

Plan B is hard, I know, I failed miserably at it, I was WAY too interested in what my WH was doing.....it can't, it won't work like that, you have to be able to remove yourself from their lives, remove yourself from the chaos, I know that more than a few people told me this, and I didn't....COULDN'T follow their advice, it was too painful for me, I was warned that I wasn't ready for Plan B, but I went headlong into it anyway......make sure your ready, make sure your plans are in place for any event.....because even though your WS seems to not give a tiny rats @$$ about you, when you deliver the letter stating you will no longer be speaking/interacting with them....they are going to push back.....by showing up and pounding on the door, by calling your 3000 times, by leaving a million voice mail messages....etc. Be prepared for anything they throw at you, BEFORE you deliver that letter.

-Caren

Always Look For Grace Given, Even in the midst of Grace Denied.

BS-Me 39
WH-37
Together 15 years
Married 12 years
7 kids total, His: SD20, SS18, Twin SS's 16.
Mine: DD22, DD15
Ours: DD12
Affair began Fall 04, Separated Fall 04,2 Failed Plan B attempts, False recovery of sorts Spring 05.......Still pluggin' away.
C
C
Hi Mel...LOL, we cross posted....your idea is better....but I was worried that the WS in this case may take the kids to the dreaded love nest.

-Caren

Always Look For Grace Given, Even in the midst of Grace Denied.

BS-Me 39
WH-37
Together 15 years
Married 12 years
7 kids total, His: SD20, SS18, Twin SS's 16.
Mine: DD22, DD15
Ours: DD12
Affair began Fall 04, Separated Fall 04,2 Failed Plan B attempts, False recovery of sorts Spring 05.......Still pluggin' away.
M
M
It's really not that hard. The WS can visit the kids at an intermediary's home, and the easist solution: take them out to dinner and/or movie. The WS should get a strong dose of what it will be like as a divorced person. Cutting off entrance to the family home enhances the effect of Plan B with a strong dose of reality.

Exposure 101

T
OP Offline
T
thanks, everybody.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation