I just found the MB website and I have learned so much! I have a question I hope someone else has resolved successfully because we never seem to. We both work full time and make more than enough to pay our bils and fund our retirement. We have two small kids, so it's very hard on me when DH works long hours or travels for work. He thinks that I am unreasonable asking him to limit it to <50 hours and limit the out of town travel, as he says his coworkers don't have those limitations. The coworkers and management work like 80+ hours as a way of life and travel for many months at a time, and think nothing of asking my DH to do the same. I think in our case it's more important to have time with the family than to leave them to earn extra money we don't even need. This has been a contant struggle for us. I quit a job I loved and went back to college for 3 more years to be able to get a high-paying job that fortunately I love too to take the financial pressure off him but it hasn't helped. Learning about EN really has helped me because I can see motivating things about his work that we can't/don't provide at home - meeting the last-minute deadlines at midnight as a team, the overtime pay, enjoying staying in hotels and eating out on someone else's dime, the comraderie of coworkers making shared sacrifices together. Any suggestions to try to come to a win-win resloution?

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010