Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Charli Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My husband and I have been married for 2 1/2 years. His parents hate me and talked bad about me to anyone that will listen. His parents and I have had numerous arguements and my husband continues to do whatever is parents wants him to do. Yesterday, his dad told me that I was sorry, useless and not worth anything. He also told my husband them same thing about me and he told his dad that that was between his dad and me. He just doesn't care how I feel after me telling him plenty of times. What should I do??

J
J
Well sounds like he is listening to his folks instead of you. Have you suggested marriage counseling to him for the both of you? Theres some reason he is taking their side and not yours. Understand I'm not saying its your fault, but they obviously have some kind of hold over him.

While you all were dating, back before you were married, did his family act like this before? Did they bash you to him? If so, did he listen to them then or is this something that has recently happened?

Joe

C
Charli Offline OP
OP Offline
C
When we first started dating, everything was good between his parents and us. When we got married, his parents thought that he and I should tell them where we go, when we go, how much money we earned and anything else. Of course, my husband would tell them. Our first Valentine's together we told his parents that they could go out to dinner with us. I told him that I wanted just he and I to go, he said okay and called his parents and told them that we would picked them up. I have suggested that we try couseling together and he says we don't need it. A few months ago, my husband told me that he thought I was having an affair. I tried to assure him that I was not and would never cheat on him.

J
J
What a tough situation to be in. The one person in your life that is supposed to be your 100% protector is instead folding like , well, something...

Any possibility you and your H could move away from his parents? new job in new city or something. Many men have a hard time wiht the leave an dcleave, and your H sounds like one of them.

B
B
hey there so sorry to hear your story so much like mine except his family has always liked me until we moved here and now they blame me for everything and it is ruining my marriage and so rough on my kids so maybe the advice about moving is right. We lived by my family but they loved him and treated him just like their own. now we are in such a mess so think about that hope it helps a little

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 698 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation