Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
M
I find it interesting that only 2% of the marraige licenses in the one state, Louisiana, which has such marriages are covenant marriages.

Sorry, that was old data from the first year.. though the numbers haven't grown quickly. The most recent data I saw was 2.9%. But, existing marriages can be converted to a covenant marriage if they exist in your state.

It's food for thought for people who would choose that type of marriage.

Mys

R
RHM Offline
R
But they could be civilly actionable. Alienation of Affection/loss of consortum claims against OP's for $$$$ more as a way to get them to leave the WS's alone. Not to mention that it should have a small effect on property division in a divorce situation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But what if both offending parties are married? As a betrayed spouse I don't want to have more pain inflicted on me and my children then there is already there. I wouldn't want to inflict pain on the OM's wife and children. This is one of those cases where the damage cause by the WS's is enough. I have no problem with a solution that would not take away money from the family. Maybe community service and counciling but other then that it would compound the problem.

Grand Poobaw RHM (Idiot Extraordinaire) "Poop in the potty, Poop goes in the potty, Poop in the potty, Poop goes in the potty. Not on your brother, Not on your sister. Poop in the potty, Poop goes in the potty, Poop in the potty, Poop goes in the potty."
M
M
RHM,

This is problematic. However, the claim for "loss" would only really arise and be fully actionable once the marriage was ended. After divorce your wife and OM's Wife would only be able to chase the separated property they received in the divorce.

Now if your wife and you reconciled and the other married couple divorced and the OMW sued your wife...you'd necessarily have to pay. It is a consequence of your wife's actions and your family would be as liable as if she punched as innocent bystander and broke his nose.

I don't think it should be allowed to ever be presented as a multi-million dollar claim. Maybe the legislature can put a cap on it...just like they did for the medical lobby. Actual damages plus compensatory damages for pain and suffering not to exceed say $75,000.00. Most of the value is as a deterrent to separate the two so recovery may take place. Hence the requirement of a marital restraining order petition preceeding any such claim.

Just an idea.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
L
L
But instead, or nation has gotten to the "well, freedom means that we can do whatever we want." Which is true to an extent. but the state does not have to license, participate or sanction acts and institutions that it deems (the people deem) are immoral.

It's true...but neither does it have to sanction those acts and institutions that it deems "moral"

JMHO...The state has no business defining and enforcing relationships. A "marriage" can be whatever the participants decide it should be, but, as far as the state is concerned it's nothing more than a joint business venture, covered by existing civil law.

Low

My response - No.

If it were made illegal then wouldnt the WSs have more grounds to be 'innocent until proven guilty'? They would have more of a chance to 'justify' being unfaithful. As it is already in many divorce cases - seems that it is us the BSs that are more on the defense anyhow. Everyone involved in a situation of infidelity suffers enough torture as is - the WSs themselves have that guilt to live with forever, forgiven or not..............but then again......there r those that seem to have no conscience, so maybe thats where making it illegal might allow for some justice to a BS. Might. Like I said before, the scales arent really balanced at all.

The latter will be greater than the past.
E
E
Sometime in the future when computers are nothing more than little dabs of DNA jelly embedded in permantently applied contact lenses at birth, and not too long before we all turn back to Flashlight People, prenup-type technology will exist that will chemically castrate our mates into the marriage and infidelity will be proudly suggested as "a thing of the past" by President Bill Gates XX. All will be well until clone infidelity becomes widespread which as usual, Microsoft government officials will assure us to continue to fight by releasing additional patches and updates into the water system of the Master CPU plant in a location unknown somewhere off the coast of Arizona.

Sing loud for the sunshine, pray hard for the rain.
D
D
Not only illegal, but punishable by involuntary steralization.

But that's just my opinion, and I won't say they won't and don't change...but sheesh!

PS - I really probably don't mean that. Too much stress at once. I really do love my OC....but it was worse than the pain of birthing them myself...the way they came into my world.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
M
M
That was an answer to a previous posters question about Biblical divorce. Biblically, the law of God applies to both believer and non-believer.

I think you need to be careful with this reasoning. There is no global agreement on the specifics of the law of god and by its very nature, the law of god is not subject to secular reasoning. I fully support people choosing whatever laws they want to apply to themselves, however when you start down the path of stating that your view of the law of god applies to other people, it gets dangerous.

Folks blow themselves up in suicide bombs because of the "law of god" and much as I expect that I agree a lot more with your "law of god" than the islamic fundamentalist "law of god" -- neither of you can actually prove you are right.

Sorry for the TJ.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 667 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation