Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1595204 02/19/06 06:07 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I posted this on recovery, but decided to post here to because of the traffic.

I discovered WH 2nd affair in Jan. During discovery, he says that it doesn't help when we do things separately. He's been doing weekends with the guys since the beginning of our 23 year marriage. Last year, I began to take some vacations by myself. I have three weeks vacation a year and he only has two. Plus some personal days. He has taken quite a few days without me to go fishing with the guys.

Last summer, I went to visit my sister for a week - had a blast! He had his 2nd PA this fall - and has said that he doesn't think separate vacations are a good idea. Well, this past October, my sister IL invited me to go to Key West with her, my sister, and her daughter - all expenses paid. 3 bedroom condo right on the beach! Asked my H and he said - go, sounds like fun!

Now, 1 mo. after discovery - he's saying he doesn't think its a good idea. There has been full disclosure - all my family knows. I really want to go on this trip and have been stashing cash for four months.

He and a buddy are going down to my sons' college next week (w/out me)- the week after that we're spending three days in a secluded cabin - just the two of us. The following weekend, I want to do an art show with my sister in a neighboring state.

Then the 10 day trip to FL in April. We discussed it this AM and he said I should post and see what you great people have to say about it. So - I'm asking - what do you think?

thanks so much for all of you - this site has helped me more than all the counseling and books combined!

Me BS age 48 H WS age 48 M 24 yrs 3 DS 21,19,16 D-day 1 1/96 D-day 2 1/06 (different OW) Rumors of others during D-day 2
C
C
Well I guess it depends on what you're trying to do.....if you are trying to save your marriage.....and you have D-Day #2 just a month ago....and he's apparently stopped contact with her, and wants to work it out with you.

If all these things are true, and your WH is ASKING you NOT to do the separate vacation thing, then I'd say it's a need of his that you not go. Do TOGETHER things.

If you don't want to save you marriage, and you want to be divorced.....then by all means go with your sister....but don't be surprised if the *A* is in full swing again when you get back.

God Bless,

-Caren

Always Look For Grace Given, Even in the midst of Grace Denied.

BS-Me 39
WH-37
Together 15 years
Married 12 years
7 kids total, His: SD20, SS18, Twin SS's 16.
Mine: DD22, DD15
Ours: DD12
Affair began Fall 04, Separated Fall 04,2 Failed Plan B attempts, False recovery of sorts Spring 05.......Still pluggin' away.
M
M
You can't work on a marriage when you're not together.

Doing fun, party-type things separately is just begging for trouble even in the best of marriages, let alone one that is severely damaged.

You can't work on a marriage when you're not together.
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation