Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1599175 02/25/06 11:42 AM
S
Sublime Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I just found this out. A couple of months before my husband and I were married, he cheated on me. I know he is sorry, I remember who this girl is, and I know that he lost her number on purpose. I didn't know why he did it at the time, he just told me it was because she is "stupid". My friends just told me this a week ago but no one told me when it actually happened. We have been married for 6 months. I freaked out and my husband started crying. I know he won't do it again, but I hurt. I hurt really bad. He says that he doesn't remember when it happened. I do. He denies that we were engaged at the time, but we were. He is my best friend and I asked him why he did not tell me when it happened, and he told me it is because he knew I would have left him. I would have then, but we are married now. I am not going to go back. I wish I did not know. I was just feeling as though I was growing closer to him everyday. I don't feel that way anymore. I keep thinking about our wedding day, I resent that day now. I think about all the fun times we had and I resent every single one of them. What should I do?

J
J
You need to read the material on this site (both of you do), on recovery from an affair, and your H and you need to implement it... Trust has been broken, you probably feel like you're living a lie.

It will take time to restore it, and there are specific steps involved. Your H's response to restoration will give you a good indicator of how you can expect the two of you to deal with serious issues down the road...

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 485 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation