Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
At any other point in my life, I would have enjoyed this movie. I love Johnny Cash. I could barely stomach the whole thing. It left me feeling horrible.

It's funny how all things are colored by a WS...

Jen

L
L
Welcome to the new world, Jen...

All of us have that reaction...books, movies, music (especially music!!)...and continue to hear and see it all differently. What wasn't in our scope before now is, and yes, looks and feels so different. Not funny enough, still too sad to hold for me.

LA

H
H
Boy do I hear you. I asked FWH how he could have watched movies with me all these years like "Unfaithful" and I know we watched "Fatal Attraction" within the past year. Its all so different now. I never would have thought this would be part of my life. I hate it so much!
HF

BS 39 FWH 39 M almost 14 years DS 11 DS 8 DD 4 DD 4 PA 1/02-7/02 dday 12-15-05
G
G
JJ, for what it's worth, Johnny wrote this in his book:

Many parts of my life are painful to recall--this book is hard on me in that respect--but as you'd expect, my first marriage is especially tough to speak about. I've made my apologies to Vivian and tried to redress the damage I did, and these days I don't carry any guilt about those days, so I can tell the stories (which wasn't always so). But still I find myself resisting. Old pain dies hard.

One of Vivian's daughters was very disturbed by this picture. Vivian is portrayed as a woman in a permanent bad mood. I don't know if she smiles one time.

GC

A
A
Yes I certainly find it difficult watching movies like this after what I've been through. You see people and situations in a new light. Unless you've been through what a BS has been through, I don't think you can fully understand how hurtful, damaging, demoralising an A can be.

I loved "Under the Tuscan Sun" though. BS can rise above all of this and build a better life for themselves!

BS (Me) - 41 y.o. FWH - 42 y.o. Together 24 yrs, married 20 yrs. 2 daughters 18 & 14. D/D - 09/23/05. Looking forward to a wonderful future together- failure is not an option! "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."
M
M
hey gray,

Exactly, Vivian was "portrayed" as not having ever smiled.

Ya know, I don't think we have ever heard what Vivian had to say...

I believe she was pretty much where all of us BS's have been.

You know GC, I was a pro musician for 8 years. I gave it up for my family. H is and has always been a pro musician.

I was very good, and gave it up. He found someone who did NOT give that up. Another singer. Of course, I play bass, and can call what key my song is in. LOL.

I digress. I love Mr. Cash, and saw him live, with Miss June Carter. She could not carry a tune in a bucket at this particular show. Mr. Cash, however, was great.

I don't know if that is worth anything, but my observation.

Yes, they were one of the whatever percent of A's that stayed together.

Who are we to judge?

Love in Christ,
Miss M

J
J
It's sort of funny this thread is on here this morning. I had my WW over for a beer and to watch a movie last night. What did I pick out? Walk The Line. All I thought about during the movie was her A. Poor choice on my part but I should have read some reviews before renting. Any further "movie nights" with WW I will screen movie for content. I was very uncomfortable. If I was by myself watching I would have stopped it before half way thru. I trigger too quick I guess.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 731 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation