Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
gooner Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi again,
It has been 3 weeks since EA ended and things havent been too bad.W and me have been trying to make marriage work and things are better but on Monday OM will be back in town for 3 days(no contact is alledgedly being enforced). I need some ideas on how to play this one as it is eating me up at the moment. My W has her own business and is free to move around whenever she wants..I on the other hand am not.The idea of her meeting him does not freak me out as I would then move on but I feel I MUST know one way or the other.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

B
B
If you can afford it hire a private investigator for the 3 days or ask a close friend to follow her. You will then have your answer.

M
M
make sure she is accountable for her time in the coming days... every minute of it.
Also, talking to her about your fear is important. It will serve notice to her that you expect NC to remain in effect. Ask her how she is feeling regarding this. Has a NC letter been sent? Are you in MC?

A
A
gooner...

what does your wife say about him coming to town...
can you two talk openly..

can you ask her how much of a temptation it is to talk to him if any...

can you tell her how scared it makes it you feel...

are you two communicating..

bigger picture of recovery is that both of you are going to have triggering moments...

you two need to learn to turn towards eachother when these occur NOT away in doubt in mistrust...

hit this head on with HER....

have you
what holds you back if you haven't..

in other words what are you afraid of..

ark

M
M
Ask her how she will prove to you there is no contact with him. You need that reassurace since she has violated your trust in the past.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
If you can afford it, I would put a GPS tracker in her car. If that is too expensive, put a voice activated recorder in her car.

C
C
Gooner-

You are getting excellent advice.......but please let me give you a word of warning.

DO NOT put it to your wife the way you are putting it down here to us.....do not make it "If you have contact with him, I'm done". Don't make ultimatums you can't keep.

God Bless,

-Caren

Always Look For Grace Given, Even in the midst of Grace Denied.

BS-Me 39
WH-37
Together 15 years
Married 12 years
7 kids total, His: SD20, SS18, Twin SS's 16.
Mine: DD22, DD15
Ours: DD12
Affair began Fall 04, Separated Fall 04,2 Failed Plan B attempts, False recovery of sorts Spring 05.......Still pluggin' away.
G
gooner Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks everyone.. the day has arrived.. W is continuing to act like she doesnt know OM is in town for 3 days.. MAYBE she is telling the truth as she has promised there has been no contact since exposure of EA... I have not told her that I know(OMW is in contact with me).. I am just trying to check if there are any mood changes but of course paranoia is setting in and I seem to find reasons for everything!!! Why the heart shape earrings today for example!! I have set up some checks during the day to see if she is in the office etc.. so only time will tell.. I want to believe her or I would not be giving her this second chance.. I am trying not to talk about the past and concentrate on the future and she is aware of my insecurity.. if she does know OM is in town then it will be an interesting 3 days of bluff and counter bluff... anyway I hope it is just my paranoia but I did tell her if there was contact I must know because I did not want to be lied to again and she pormised she would tell me..Anyway let the games commence!!

B
B
Hey Gooner,

I agree with MelodyLane and Ark,

You should talk about it with her - not use it as some kind of test. It's a good opportunity to build imtimacy. Don't blow that.

BK

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
A
A
I wouldn't want a marriage based on bluffs and counter bluffs...

either you are in a valueable recovery or you are not..

either you are working and building on communication and tackling the fears of triggers and contact or you are not...

why would you not talk about the past...is not reviewing what works and doesn't/didn't work a way to learn from past mistakes....

silence and burying of fears of a killer of marriages..

are you two in counseling

ARK

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (whwh747474), 473 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation