Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
I
I'm full of questions today...Do you ever watch UFC?

I
I
OK I'm leaving since your ignoring me.

T
Tired41 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I love listening to a good thunderstorm, but I can do without the hail. I had a truck smashed up by baseball sized hail one time, so I get nervous about that.

Sounds like a feast at the cookout. I'm hungry just reading about it.

My date: I don't really know what to say. I like talking to her, but I just didn't feel any real attraction to her. I can't explain it, I just didn't feel like I wanted to pursue this in any way other than friendship. When I came home Friday, I starting thinking that if I could make a list of 100 things I wanted in a girlfriend/wife, that my STBX would have 99 of those, with the only one left that she not be a cheater. That's when I started the pity party. When I started typing to you, the tears just started streaming out, and I couldn't stop them for a while. I feel that this new lady really likes me and wants to continue seeing me, even though I told her how I was feeling. I told her that I still miss my STBX very much. She asked if we would ever get back together, and I said "I don't think so".

She is straight laced and very religious, and I don't think that she would be happy with someone who does some drinking and cussing, etc. I'll have to make sure she knows that I do those things on occasion. I'm not a drunk or alcoholic, but I do drink sometimes.

BH (41), WW (40) D-Day 9/4/05 DS(15), DSS(13) Divorce Filed 1/9/05
T
Tired41 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Sorry, I am definately not ignoring you. I have these people who keep coming into my office to talk, and I can't get them to leave. Where's my stapler?

I have to be out again tomorrow, for most if not all of the day. I will miss my Soon fix horribly. I will send you a long email tonight, answering all your questions.

Thanks, for the text message today. I stopped worrying when I got it.

T
Tired41 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Did you get the CD?

I
I
It will probably be there tonight when I go check my mail.
So, this lady doesn't know you curse or drink. Well, that might be something that you'd want to let her in on. She might think that you don't do those things.

Is she divorced? Never married?

Sorry for all of the questions. I am very hyper today, I don't know why.

Tell those people to get the heck outta your office. Or I'll throw a stapler at em, or better yet, I'll get my bat out.

I
I
DAD GUM IT...YOU PEOPLE GET OUTTA TIREDS OFFICE!!!!! I AINT GOT MUCH LONGER TO GET MY FIX IN FOR TODAY!!!!!! CAN'T YOU SEE HE'S BUSY!!!!

T
Tired41 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
They left finally.

I'm not sure what she knows, but it's just not happening. One of her friends called her while I was with her, and wanted to talk to me. I've never met this lady and she asks me "Do you really, really like her?" I told her I didn't know that. I feel like a 6th grader or something.

Oh, you couldn't help but comment when Sam did his magic. It was awful. I got on to him, but he didn't care. I even blamed it on her once. We both laughed.

She is divorced (6 years), with a 10 yo daughter. She even brought the daughter by my house to meet me. A little too fast don't you think? Her XH had and affair and killed their M. Enough about that.

I checked with the "Hey Mon Institute" and they said we needed a referral. I asked what kind and they said a weekend trip to Charleston, SC for plantation visits, dining and drinking. A trip to St. Louis might be substituted also, as long as it included a little river boat gambling, drinking, eating at quaint restaurants, and a trip to a ball game. We'll have to put this down if we are going to be qualified for a referal.

T
Tired41 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
If you get the CD, I hope you have a really good laugh.

I
I
I'll tell you what, these dang "hey Mon" people are a little strict aren't they? I mean, look at what all we'll have to do while in Jamaica, and now they are asking for this? Too much punishment if you ask me.

Well, if you don't feel it with this lady, then you just don't feel it. It's as simple as that. I'm a firm believer that when you meet someone, you know whether you are compatible or not. It's just a feeling that you have. I'm not saying love at first sight nor anything, you just know whether there is a possibility that it can work or not. That is a little strange about the friend though, a tiny bit elementary. Just from what you've told me, it sounds as if she is definitely wanting to take this a lot further, and a lot faster.

Almost five, almost time to go. Shoot.

T
Tired41 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I agree with you 100%, I just didn't know how to say it. It's not love at first sight, but it's a feeling of compatibility.

I'm still going to write you an email tonight. I don't have anything major to say, but I like talking to you.

Have a great night, Soon. I'll try to message a time or two tomorrow.

I
I
OK, I'll be looking forward to getting your email in the morn. If you get a chance tomorrow, holler at me.

You be careful tomorrow, OK?

You and Sam have a great night!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 777 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation