Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16470 10/01/99 03:53 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for responding. It's a long thread and you probably didn't read all the posts. I took back what I said about "doing it again." That was a lie and was said in anger. I can't tell you how many times I pleaded with my husband that I needed him to treat me better. I considered divorce, but always talked myself out of it. I didn't want to be a single parent. I was raised in a single parent home and I was always jealous of my friends who had both mom and dad there. I stayed for my kids. And I also really wanted my marriage to work. I tried everything to get my husband to agree to counseling, but he always said "he didn't have a problem, I did." <P>Plus, divorce would have caused us financial ruin. I do not have a college degree, and though we own a home, we've never have done all that well financially. Every month it's like robbing peter to pay paul. So, divorce is not something I could have just up and done without going through hell and back.<P>But, this time, if my husband cannot treat me like he has sense, I will leave him. Point blank. Thanks for your concern.

#16471 10/02/99 07:22 PM
K
K
Dear Podperson:<BR>Ahhh, I do understand now and it makes sense and I can relate. I also had the misfortune of not having both parents due to divorce. So, I definetly know where you are coming from. I posted before on the question of whether I should have an affair or not. Of course it was unanonimous that the conclusion everyone gave me was that I should not go and have an affair. Like you, I have struggled with my husbands neglectful ways for 2 years. Of course, I can't compare to your 20 years. But, it's been 2 years without any sex, affection, intimacy, etc... I have tried so many things and nothing! So, finally I thought about maybe having an affair with this man that found me very attractive and was paying attention to me. I ended up not having the affair while my husband was having something with somebody else (if you read my post, you would know what I am talking about). I understand the point that you got to except that I didn't take that next step whereas you have taken it. It's like you get really really fed up with all the bull@@@@ and then you start to think to yourself, why not? ...He deserves to see all the hurt and pain that he has given me in all those years. maybe he'll wake up..it's almost like you get to the point being really fed up. I basically didn't do it because I didn't really want to end my marriage because of the children that we have (2 small children) and for me, it's been 2 years...long enough...but thankfully not 20 years. I guess you came to a loss of what to do with your marriage and your husband and especially if he is the type to tell you that he's not wrong and you are. How difficult it is to deal with that kind of mentality. I understand because my husband is and has been saying those things for the last 3 years. Sometimes, we have to do what we think we must in order to move ahead. Whether it is right or wrong of your affair, somehow, your marriage will move in some direction instead of moving nowhere. So,I think that is what you wanted from your husband/marriage. It has been just there coasting with nowhere to go...no goal...no need to do anything on your husbands part, even though you may have talked to him until you turned blue. I do know that it does take two people to make it work. If one is consistently trying and the other one isn't, how would it ever work? I understand why you stayed for soooo long. I really don't think I could do that for so long. Hell, I'm having trouble staying now and we have the two children that I have to think about. We are going to therapy now...but, I just don't know how things will work out. Do you think that your husband will ever trust you again? I ask because, I really don't think I will ever trust my husband again. Somehow, he broke that fine line/string that held us/bonded us. I really hope that it works for you. Everyone in life deserves to be happy and not go through life with someone who makes us unhappy. I'm glad to hear that you won't stick around if he goes back to his old ways. Same with me, I told my husband that he needed to give all he could to our marriage (of course I would too) or it's never going to work. I pray things work out for you. Keep in touch. Good luck to you. P.S. Thanks for responding.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 249 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation